Next time you write your CV (or résumé if you’re in the U.S), then be warned. On one hand your CV is a wonderful platform for promoting your abilities. On the other, it’s a Trojan horse in which your shortcomings can be smuggled into an organization or recruitment firm and unpackaged loudly in public - particularly if your CV contains mistakes which are amusing or stupid.
We asked CV writing specialists City CV and CVKnowHow for examples of the most mirthful and ridiculous resume mistakes they’ve come across in recent times. They sent the 13 bloopers below.
- While working in this role, I had intercourse with a variety of people
- Hobbies enjoy cooking Chinese and Italians
- Failed bar exam with relatively high grades
- M&A Associate with Moogan Stanley.
- Education: University of Durham, August 1889 – May 1992
- Career break in 1999 to renovate my horse
- "Talented leader of business operations and people with 13 years' experience."
- I am great with the pubic
- Six years’ experience working for Credit Switz.
- My interests include cooking dogs and interesting people
- I am a rabid typist
- Seeking a party-time position with potential for advancement
- Personal interests donating blood. Fourteen gallons so far.