JON SAMUELS, CFA
100 Dice Avenue
New York, NY 10001
000 - 000 - 0000
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Dedicated Fixed Income Product Manager with exceptional track record successfully developing, positioning, and pricing fixed-income products in extremely competitive environments. Extensive experience working with portfolio managers and investment teams to develop clear and powerful messaging to promote and position product lines to both internal and external audiences. Outstanding communicator, able to articulate investment views and build strong working relationships across divisions and between investment management and retail distribution channels, including working closely with sales, legal, finance, senior management, and retail outlets. Possess fluent understanding of portfolio management and investment vehicles, with strong background in global fixed income, emerging markets, and derivatives. Excellent business development and account management abilities. Chartered Financial Analyst.
ABCD Investments, New York, NY 2007 - Current
Vice President of Product Management and Development, Fixed Income
- Work with senior management and investment teams to create, execute, market, and provide support for over $300B Assets Under Management (AUM), including Municipal, Taxable, Short-Duration, and International Funds.
- Represent and communicate ABCD's fixed income investment strategies and performance to clientele, client managers, sales, and analysts.
- Research competitive offerings and product trends, assess new opportunities, and manage and track new product initiatives, including examining performance and risk attribution of investment vehicles.
- Create and present detailed reports in both formal and informal settings. Deliver updates on product initiatives to senior management.
- Develop marketing materials and ensure key placements in media and industry outlets to maximize public awareness and sales opportunities.
EFGH Investments, New York, NY 2004 - 2006
Assistant Vice President of Product Management, Fixed Income
- Played key role in generating, implementing, and managing strategic messaging for entire product line, encompassing pricing, positioning, and marketing.
- Promoted Funds and Fixed Income Products internally and externally, increasing awareness of offerings to EFGH's sales team while also utilizing industry associates and media outlets to promote product awareness.
- Worked with investment team to create and develop pitch materials for internal product presentations to senior management.
- Utilized Modern Portfolio Theory Statistics (MPT) and other resources to conduct competitive analyses and review fund evaluations.
IJKL Corp., New York, NY 2002 - 2004
Client Accounts Manager, Fixed Income
- Acted as point-of-contact for IJKL's Fixed-Income division, working with institutional investors, wholesalers, mutual fund channels, as well as internal departments.
- Spoke with product specialists and portfolio managers to ensure clear messaging and understanding of investment strategies.
- Maximized potential sales opportunities by ensuring timely communications and responses to any inquiries pertaining to fixed-income products.
- Created and managed marketing materials to enhance clientele's understanding of new and existing products, including writing market commentary and investment outlooks.
- Analyzed market and reported opportunities to senior management.
MNOP Associates, New York, NY 2000 - 2001
Mutual Fund Product Manager
- Communicated with institutional managers, sales force, client-service teams, and contacts to create awareness of fund performance and future portfolio strategies.
- Worked directly with sales, investment, and marketing groups to create materials and presentations for internal and external use
- Researched and analyzed marketplace, assessing industry trends and conducting competitive analyses to ensure proper positioning of products and services.
- Created reports for portfolio manager, including writing commentaries on market outlook and examining factors affecting fund performance.
New York University, New York, NY
MBA in Finance, 2003
Columbia University, New York, NY
BA, 1999. GPA: 3.9
Expert MS Excel, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Morningstar Direct,
SIMFund, MathLab, Lipper LANA, Bloomberg