Jefferies recently bolstered its equity research and research sales staff with eight hires from UBS, Deutsche Bank, Bank of America and Macquarie. They include a co-director of U.S. equity research in New York and two London-based oil and analysts to fill out a gap in the bank's global energy coverage.
According to Financial News, the additions include:
- Robert Fagin, co-director of U.S. equity research. He came from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, where he was associate director of equity research. (The other research co-head at Jefferies is Susan Gilbertson. The bank's international head of equity research, Richard Taylor, came over from Citigroup earlier this year.)
- Oil and gas equity analysts Iain Reid and Brendan Warn left Macquarie and will join Jefferies' London office in October and August, respectively. A spokeswoman told Financial News the energy analysts were a "missing part" of Jefferies' global energy franchise.
Jefferies also announced five hires in global equities sales and trading in New York, Boston and San Francisco:
- Scott Ackerman, an international equity sales trader hired away from Deutsche Bank, is based in New York.
- Richard Harb and Paul LoGuidice, European equity research salesmen who joined from UBS, are based in Jefferies' Boston office.
- Two other European equity research salesmen, Martyn Bergh from Deutsche Bank and Jerry Bellman from Bellman Walter Capital, work in Jefferies' office in San Francisco.