Sample Resume: Corporate Auditor
1099 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10001
Talented Corporate Auditor with extensive experience managing complex audits for Fortune 100 Financial Services organizations
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Adept at establishing audit objectives, analyzing business procedures, documenting operating processes, preparing variance analysis, highlighting problems, suggesting improvements, and implementing corrective actions.
- Possess strong accounting background with thorough knowledge of corporate finance, information systems, and operations.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory compliance and industry best practices, including comprehensive understanding of state and federal laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Skilled team leader able to manage auditors in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments.
- Able to build clear lines of communication with key stakeholders to ensure successful completion of audits.
ABCD Bank, New York, NY 2006 - Present
Senior Corporate Auditor. Manage 5-member team carrying out corporate audits across multiple divisions of financial services organization, including credit card and fixed income groups.
- Project manage all stages of audits, creating schedules, establishing requirements, documenting methodologies, meeting with stakeholders, and aggregating and examining data.
- Review internal controls and make recommendations to CFO to improve operations.
- Ensure all departments are compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), state and federal laws, as well as corporate best practices.
- Deliver written reports to Corporate Audit Director, providing comprehensive analyses of audits and suggesting improvements to reduce risk.
EFGH Corp., New York, NY 2002 - 2005
Corporate Auditor. Conducted audits of multiple bank branches of EFGH Corp. throughout United States.
- Worked as part of 3-member team gathering and reviewing data, interviewing employees, identifying possible discrepancies/errors/fraud, and writing analysis reports.
- Ensured that branches were adhering to established bank policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Suggested changes to accounting system to minimize fraud possibilities.
- Reported any variance concerns to supervisor.
IJKL Taxes, Chicago, IL 2000 - 2001
- Prepared returns for multiple entities, including corporations and individuals.
- Gained extensive experience with numerous tax-software programs.
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science, 2000
Dual Major: Accounting and Finance
Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), Solomon, Asset Keeper, Audit Software, ProSystem fx, Lotus Notes, PeopleSoft, Oracle E-Business Financials, Oracle CRM, Vertex
Keywords: markets, investment bank, syndication, securities, treasuries, audits, auditing, auditors, external, risks, scope, compliance, controls, data, analysis, spreadsheet, FX, debt, portfolio, IRS, budgeting, field audits, documentation, reconciliation