ERIC D. GROVE
3 Elm Drive
Dover, New Jersey 07801
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Talented investment professional with over 10 years of experience in diverse facets of Institutional Business Development, including sales, marketing, and product management. Outstanding communicator adept at building and developing powerful relationships with key contacts, including corporations, foundations, endowments, high-net worth individuals, pension funds, and hedge funds. Proven track record securing new business, raising capital, and obtaining sustainable revenue streams. Possess broad understanding of investment strategies, including background working with clientele to assess risk and successfully execute investment strategies. Adroit speaker, experienced at delivering presentations to institutions, consultants, and hedge funds. Team leader practiced at establishing day-to-day and long-term organizational goals and ensuring objectives are met.
ABC Institutional Investments, New York, NY 2007 - Present
Director, Business Development. Brought in to manage company's sales and marketing efforts for new business unit tasked with creating distribution channels for Technology and New Media investment division.
- Created new relationships with large institutional channels, including Pension Funds, Hedge Funds, Registered Investment Advisors (RIA), and Consultants.
- Work directly with firm's senior management to assess market trends, examine new product lines, and establish and implement strategic marketing and sales programs.
- Expert in Technology and New Media sector, responsible for creating marketing content and ensuring distribution of products to key portfolio managers, traders, and outside vendors.
- Represent company at trade shows, industry events, and conferences, traveling regularly to establish brand and acquire new contacts. Created targeting mailing list to distribute product data.
-Run monthly meetings educating company representatives on industry trends and emerging opportunities.
CDE Securities, New York, NY 2002 - 2007
Institutional Product Manager. Oversaw diverse facets of CDE's institutional strategies, including working with senior management to position, market, and promote products.
- Evaluated and assessed industry trends, paying close attention to competitors' offerings.
- Worked directly with sales team to ensure products were marketed and positioned effectively.
- Acted as liaison between institutional team and marketing, legal, and compliance departments.
- Liaised with portfolio managers and analysts to create, assess, and revise product presentations.
- Point of contact for external questions regarding company's product line.
FGH Management, New York, NY 1998 - 2001
Analyst (1999 - 2001)
- Responsible for managing relationships with institutional clientele.
- Analyzed current and projected cash positions and reported data to Portfolio Managers.
- Oversaw investments of mutual fund short-term cash positions.
- Conducted comprehensive reviews of fixed income derivative and hedge fund product exposure.
Product Analyst (1998 - 1999)
- Created daily reports on U.S. Treasury and Euro hedge positions for traders.
- Executed Foreign Exchange (FX) funding to ensure cash flow needs were met.
- Participated in meetings pertaining to trading investment strategies.
New York University, New York, NY
Leonard N. Stern School of Business, M.B.A., 1998
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Series 3, 7, 62, 63, 82
Windows Vista/XP/2000/NT, MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Statistical Analytical Software (SAS), Sungard, Reuters, Bloomberg, FactSet