4215 Cherry Hill Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 123456
Human Resources Generalist with a diverse background in recruitment, training, employee relations and benefits administration.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 8 years recruiting experience.
- Familiarity with labor law and compliance.
- Experience with benefits administration and negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiar with PeopleSoft HRIS, ADP Enterprise, and all Microsoft Office applications.
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, NV 2004 - Present
Human Resource Generalist
- Design employee reward and recognition programs and events.
- Supervise Administrative staff.
- Manage in-house and external training.
- Oversee the H1-B Visa process for? international staff.
- Recruit, screen, and interview new hires for open positions.
- Document and solve employee performance problems.
- Review and revise employee handbook as needed.
- Negotiate all benefit plans including medical, dental, disability and 401(k).
- Institute deferred compensation and other benefits.
- Implement annual employee performance appraisal program.
- Manage relationships with recruiters and contract staffing agencies.
- Conduct exit interviews and respond to employee inquiries following termination of employment with regard to pay, COBRA and other employment issues.
- Member of compensation committee, which evaluates industry pay scales to ensure competitive salary compensation for employees.
- Design and update Affirmative Action Plan and file EEO-1 Report.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal labor and employment laws.
Sporthoma Manufacturing, Las Vegas, NV 1999 - 2004
Human Resources Representative, 2001-2004
- Facilitated new hire orientations.
- Performed all reporting functions such as EE0-1, Vets 100, and OSHA.
- Conducted Initial interview screening for open job requisitions.
- Facilitated resolution of employee performance problems.
- Monitored an HRIS and payroll system?.
- Administered FMLA, workman's compensation, disability insurance and COBRA
- Oversaw benefits administration and served as a liaison with benefit providers.
Human Resource Assistant, 1999 - 2001
- Prepared reports on hiring, retention, and job performance metrics.
- Posted job openings on Monster.com and internal intranet.
- Responded to employee inquiries on benefits.
- Managed benefit open enrollment process.
- Scheduled candidate job interviews.
- Maintained employee files and I-9 Forms.
- Supported HR Management as needed.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Member, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
BS in Accounting & Economics 1999, California State University, Sacramento
Keywords: human resources, benefits, employee performance, recruiting, hiring, labor law, I-9, HRIS, payroll