123 83rd Street
New York, NY 00000
Product Controller with experience in financial analysis, accounting, and risk management.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 16 years of experience in management, strategic planning, and financial analysis.
- Thorough understanding of derivative product control.
- Excellent familiarity with accounting principles.
- Knowledge of profit & loss components of a variety of equity products.
- Proficient in MS Office, UNIX, Shell Script, SQL, Bloomberg, E-Spear, Coda Financials, MSA G/L
Nomura Securities International, New York, NY 2006 - Present
Vice President, Derivatives Product Control Manager
Managed staff of 6 responsible for daily P&L and general ledger for credit derivatives.
- Incorporated commodity derivative product into production.
- Revise and distribute monthly expense allocation to different business units.
- Maintain all FAS 133 standards.
- Collaborate with senior management on new structured deals.
- Provide daily analysis of risk positions and change in product exposure.
- Monitor trading activity and maintain accurate balance sheet.
- Monthly review of interest rate spreads, valuation, and risk exposure.
- Produce daily reports on delta, gamma, theta, and vega from market movements.
Lehman Brothers, New York, NY 2005 - 2006
Vice President, Product Control - High Yield Loans. Responsible for GL and daily P&L for 5 high yield bank loan traders.
- Brought financial statements up to FAS 157 and 159 guidelines.
- Verified and documented Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Improved P&L distribution within the company to include commentary on trends and strategy-based profitability analysis.
- Analyzed changes in portfolio composition and derivative exposure.
Salomon Smith Barney, New York, NY 2000 - 2005
Assistant Vice President, Derivatives Product Control, 2003-2005
- Produce daily P&L report and commentary.
- Resolve discrepancies between trader information and product control P&L.
- Hired and trained staff in growth of department from 2 to 5.
- Present month-end results and commentary at senior management meetings.
- Perform risk analysis on all books using multiple stress models.
Assistant Vice President, Financial Analyst, 2000-2003
- Produced trading desk P&L and reported changes in delta, gamma, theta, and vega on equity derivatives.
- Conduct weekly management meetings to identify and resolve financial issues.
- Report on risk of credit derivative positions.
- Analyze bid-ask spread for using in portfolio valuation and daily mark to market.
- Interacted with U.S. Treasury Department on reviews of commodity swaps.
- Collaborated with external auditors for annual audit.
JP Morgan, New York, NY 1993 - 2000
Product Controller, Commodities, 1999-2000
- Produced month-end close for Base Metals and Energy.
- Managed general ledger software systems upgrade.
- Automated reporting from GL system and trading systems.
Senior Risk Analyst, 1996-1999
- Perform portfolio scenario analysis and stress tests.
- Analyze market risk based on delta, gamma, and vega.
Product Analyst, 1993-1996
- Reported on risk of credit derivative positions.
- Performed price verification of illiquid securities.
Lehman Brothers, New York, NY 1990 - 1993
- Price verification of commodities, currency exchange rates, and option premiums.
- Analyzed daily P&L and hedges for commodity derivatives.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
B.A., Economics, State University of New York (1987)
MBA, Columbia University (1990)
Series 7 and 63 license
Certified Oracle Developer, SQL, PL/SQL
Keywords: product control, derivatives analysis, risk analysis, risk management