Hedge Fund Analyst
1234 Anystreet, New York City, NY 10009
Research Analyst with seven years experience in commodity futures, equity futures, foreign exchange, and fixed income markets. Recognized for strong analytical and critical big picture problem solving skills. A proactive team-player who is organized, detail oriented and accurate. Posses excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills. Excels in a fast-paced, changing and dynamic work environment.
ABC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, CITY, STATE - 2003 - 2008
Research Analyst, (2005 - 2008)
· Developed trading systems and analyzed performance as an integral member of a quantitative research team.
· Diversified current trading models with $2.2 billion under management as integral member of project team.
· Programmed and tested various methods of trading, presented results and recommended improvements to senior research analysts leading to changes in the production system.
· Updated models for trading system in commodity futures, equity futures, foreign exchange, and fixed income markets.
· Verified all trading orders for accuracy and coordinated with Operations staff and Technology staff to correct trading system and/or data issues.
· Communicated to the marketing department recent updates and participated in creating reports summarizing the objective and performance of trading systems.
· Worked with senior research analysts to organize and edit notes regarding new development ideas and as monitored performance of recent research initiatives.
· Prepared status reports for weekly research meetings.
Trading Analyst, (2003 - 2005)
Sole responsibility for preparing 70+ trading agreements a month and coordinating with clients and brokers on a daily basis to complete agreements in a timely manner.
· Negotiated lower rates charged by current brokers and diversified brokers used to execute trades.
· Tested and integrated an internally developed proprietary Trading Desk software application as a member of the middle office team.
· Trained all new staff members on proper software use.
· Corresponded with clients to answer inquiries and resolve trade or account problems.
· Monitored daily trading activity and reconciled accounts.
A BANK, CITY STATE - 2002 - 2003
Financial Sales Consultant
· Interfaced with customers to assess their financial needs, explain the benefits and features of all product offerings, and recommended suitable financial programs.
· Worked as a member of a team and independently to achieve both branch and personal sales and service goals. Increased productivity by x% in 1 year.
UNIVERSITY OF SCRANTON, SCRANTON, PA - 2002
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Minor in Computer Science and Philosophy
· Loyola Scholarship, Dean's List, Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society for the Computing Sciences
Passed Level I of CFA Examination 2008
TradeStation Trading Software, C++, Bloomberg, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Excel including: macros, pivot tables, data formulas, Word, Access, and Power Point.
Boston Securities Analysts Society, Member
Research analyst, financial sales, sales, foreign exchange, fixed income, commodity futures, equity futures, analytical, problem solving, team player, accurate, interpersonal, presentation, communication, quantitative research, research, reporting, train, negotiate, teamwork, team-player, trade station trading software, computer science, excel, mathematics, level 1 CFA, CFA