Riverfront Investment Group, launched in April by four asset management executives who split off from Wachovia Securities, said 10 of their former colleagues at Wachovia have joined the firm in senior roles.
They include portfolio managers, research analysts, relationship managers and portfolio administrators. The team has a six-year history working together while at Wachovia, said Riverfront, which is based in Richmond, Va. The four founding partners made their move two months ago because they wanted to stay in Richmond. Wachovia is moving its offices to St. Louis after merging with A.G. Edwards.
Riverfront's new partners and managers are:
- Tim Anderson, partner and chief fixed income officer
- Marc Cheatham, partner and director of technology and operations
- Paul Louie, partner and director of small and mid-cap portfolio management
- Bill Ryder, partner and director of quantitative strategy
- Sam Turner, partner and director of large-cap portfolio management
- Rebecca Felton, relationship manager
- Chris Konstantinos, portfolio risk manager
- Ken Liu, global macro strategist
- Wendy Smailes, manager of compliance and administration
- Karrie Southall, manager of portfolio administration and trading.
"The addition of our seasoned and talented teammates presents tremendous opportunities for Riverfront, including seamless continuation of our investment process, additional strategy and research publications and greatly enhanced client service," said Michael Jones, Riverfront founding partner, chairman and chief investment officer.
Riverfront Investment Group offers a series of separate account portfolios and strategic and tactical market commentary to financial advisors and their clients including high net worth investors, families and institutions. Majority owned by its employees, the firm has backing from Robert W. Baird & Co. and Private Advisors, LLC.