THOMAS B. ANDERSON
1 Dice Street
New York, NY 10001
000 - 000 - 0000
Talented Wealth Manager with exceptional understanding of financial planning and demonstrated track record developing profitable relationships with high-net worth individuals
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess comprehensive understanding of diverse facets of financial planning, including investments, banking, estate and succession planning, philanthropy, executive compensation, and credit solutions.
- Skilled communicator adept at building strong rapport with both coworkers and clientele, including Attorneys, Personal Financial Advisors, Accountants, Trust Officers, Bankers, and Investment Specialists.
- Excellent understanding of trust law, including gifting and generation-skipping taxation techniques. Exceptional background working with clients, families, and their advisors to examine objectives, determine risk threshold, and provide proper solutions.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Fluent with Excel and wealth planning software.
ABCD Securities, Inc., New York, NY 2007 - Present
Wealth Manager. Develop and oversee relationships with high- and ultra-high-net worth clientele in North America, focusing principally on United States and Canada.
- Conduct comprehensive review of client portfolios, including meeting with clients, lawyers and advisors to assess strategies based on objectives and risk profile, identify opportunities, and prepare customized asset allocation suggestions.
- Exceptional understanding of wide range of investment vehicles, including equities, structured products, foreign exchanges, and derivatives.
- Secured numerous new accounts at ABCD, increasing division's revenue by 15% in 2008 and 24% in 2009.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to clientele and key stakeholders, arranging hand-off to peers if required based on client's needs.
- Successfully explain and promote complex financial products to customers. .
EFGH Banking, New York, NY 2002 - 2006
Associate, Wealth Management (2003 - 2006)
Summer Associate, Wealth Management (2002)
- Part of 4-member team supporting and managing over 50 accounts of high-net worth individuals whose combined assets exceeded $3.5 billion
- Supported Senior Advisor on multiple aspects of account management, including answering client inquiries, examining portfolios, making recommendations, and acting as primary contact for numerous individuals with net worth exceeding $20M
- Team achieved 99% client retention rate, highest in organization
- Took part in weekly staff meetings to review new products and investment vehicles
- Closely examined equities and currency markets, evaluating trends and assessing data to find investment opportunities. Made suggestions to senior staff based on information
- Maintained client database, working closely with team to relationship-manage customers and maximize referrals and sales opportunities.
NASD Series 7, 63, and 66
New York University, Stern School of Business, New York, NY
Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
Major: Finance. GPA: 3.95
Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Wealth Planning software (including Siebel)
Fluent in English, Spanish (spoken) and Italian (spoken).