Sample Resume: Strategy Consultant
1 Dice Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90001
000 - 000 - 0000
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Experienced Strategy Consultant with demonstrated track record driving growth, reducing costs, improving operations, and successfully creating solutions for complex business problems at both Fortune 500 and start-up organizations in domestic and global markets. Adept at managing comprehensive review and analysis of organizational operations, performing financial analysis and modeling, and developing and implementing strategies and solutions that achieve consensus among key stakeholders across organization. Able to develop, manage, and execute Sales, Marketing, and Business Development plans. Expertise in Mergers & Acquisitions, Bankruptcies, Restructuring, and Divestitures.
ABCD Corp, Los Angeles, CA 2006 - Present
Strategy and Management Consultant
- Work directly with senior management and key stakeholders, including COO and CFO, to create Business Development unit for ABCD Corp's penetration into Asian markets, with emphasis on aggressive expansion into China.
- Assessed potential business partners and acquisition opportunities across Asia, including performing comprehensive analysis of over 1000 firms and meeting with and negotiating acquisitions of companies in China, Japan, and South Korea.
- Oversaw development of three multi-year growth scenarios, meeting with senior management to establish objectives, build models based on variables, and execute plans based on consensus among key management and division heads.
- Create financial models and perform due diligence to ensure comprehensive analysis of potential acquisitions, which have exceeded $140M over four years.
- Recruited key personnel in sales, marketing, business development, and legal teams, including providing department frameworks within ABCD's hierarchy.
EFGH Inc., Chicago, IL 2004 - 2006
Strategy Consultant / Business Advisor
- Worked with senior management to develop strategy for business operations after company was divested from XYZ Inc.
- Created organizational framework which allowed EFGH to eliminate redundancies and maximize output by consolidating departments post-divestiture.
- Met with potential investors and developed key contacts in both foreign and domestic markets to explore merger and sale opportunities.
- Liaised directly with sales and marketing teams to assess opportunities in marketplace, establish targets, prioritize goals, and execute sales plan.
IJKL Inc., Chicago, IL 2002 - 2003
Strategy Consultant / Business Development
- Played key role in developing, launching, marketing and managing IJKL's business demographics and client-behavior analysis services.
- Performed competitive analysis of industry, working directly with sales and marketing teams to isolate opportunities in financial services and advertising sectors.
- Company achieved 15% growth in first year.
MNOP Corp., New York, NY 2001 - 2002
Strategy Consultant / Project Manager
- Examined MNOP's business operations to ascertain why sales were diminishing against larger industry trends for this consumer electronics retailer.
- Instituted turnaround initiative by performing test groups of customer habits at company's 3 largest stores and managing competitive analysis in both brick-and-mortar and digital sectors.
- Reviewed marketing, advertising, merchandising, and employee training.
- Met with company owners to detail findings, which included steps to eliminate inventory redundancies, training strategies for employees, remediate communication affecting chain, and enhance marketing and advertising efforts online and in targeted communities.
- Resulted in sales increase of 15% in 2001 and 27% in 2002.
New York University, New York, NY
BA, 2001. GPA: 3.77
Dean's List for 8 consecutive semesters.
President, Finance Club
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Bloomberg.