Sample Resume: Institutional Fixed Income Sales
JAMES W. HOWLETT, CFA
8 East 63rd Street
New York, NY 10065
000 - 000 - 0000
Results-oriented Chartered Financial Analyst charter holder with exceptional business acumen and over 10 years' experience in Institutional Fixed Income Sales
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience marketing and selling structured financial products to institutional clientele, including portfolio managers, hedge funds, pension funds, and insurance companies.
- Background working with major investment banks, both domestically and internationally.
- Track record successfully managing multibillion-dollar accounts.
- Adept at developing new business opportunities, as well as managing and growing existing accounts.
- Possess exceptional network of industry contacts.
- Deft business acumen, with ability to identify opportunities and spot emerging trends.
- Outstanding communicator with experience giving presentations and speaking in public.
- Demonstrated background thriving in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments.
ABC Financial, New York, NY 2007 - Present
Senior Associate, Fixed Income Sales. Oversee and manage all facets of $2B fixed-income book.
-Shattered revenue targets for 13 consecutive quarters, ranking as company's top sales performer in 2008 and 2009.
-Able to capture new business and develop strong working relationships with diverse range of clientele.
-Possess outstanding contacts in the broker-dealer community.
-Perform scenario analyses and examine risk and return possibilities for clients. Scrutinize counterparties to evaluate credit risk.
DEF Securities, New York, NY 2004 - 2007
Associate, Fixed Income Sales. Direct contact for multiple institutional accounts, playing critical role in maintaining and bolstering key institutional relationships.
- Marketed cash-mortgage and structured products to institutions, including hedge funds and money managers.
- Analyzed all facets of Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS), including fixed, hybrid, and subprime.
- Closely examined buy/sell axes and relayed data to DEF trading desks.
JKL Securities, New York, NY 2000 - 2003
Assistant, Fixed Income Sales. Worked directly with clients to prepare financial reports, assisting clientele and resolving concerns regarding accounts or statements.
- Provided sales support to 5-member team, including completing documentation for all trades.
- Balanced accounts and facilitated reports for auditing.
- Verified transactions met company policies and followed approved guidelines.
- Attending weekly meetings discussing sales, regulatory, and financial concepts.
MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), MS Access, SQL Server, C, C++, VB, SQL, Visio, SPSS, Minitab), Trading Technologies, Sterling Trader Pro, MarketQA, CQG, Reuters, Bloomberg
EDUCATION / LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Chartered Financial Analyst, 2005
University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
B.A., 1999. G.P.A. 3.66
Possess NASD Series 7 & 63