Sample Resume: Equity Sales Trader
JOSEPH M. ANDERSON
123 ELM STREET
New York, NY 10001
C: 000 - 000 - 0000
Talented and dedicated Equity Sales Trader with fluent understanding of financial markets
and demonstrated track record capturing and managing key accounts
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional business acumen. Adept at assessing organizational goals and implementing strategies to ensure both day-to-day and long-term objectives are met.
- Outstanding leader who inspires coworkers and builds strong working relationships with diverse range of colleagues in both individual and team settings.
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage heavy workload in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Skilled communicator, adept at deftly explaining complex technical terms to wide range of clientele.
- Experience working with hedge funds, pensions, and buy- and sell-side firms.
- Comprehensive understanding of industry regulations.
ABC Financial Group, New York, NY 2007 - Present
Institutional Equity Sales Trader. Oversee 15 high-volume accounts for Fortune 100 equity-trading firm.
- Provide expert analysis of market conditions by gathering key data, analyzing trends, creating reports, and offering comprehensive evaluations to meet clientele's objectives.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Trusted to successfully capture, maintain, and retain critical relationships with wide range of clientele.
- Adept at utilizing both qualitative and quantitative analysis methodologies to create and track performance, remediate problems, and ensure organizational goals are realized.
- Responsible for retaining two crucial accounts during turbulent market conditions, which resulted in $150K revenue per quarter.
- Utilized business acumen to identify and resolve work-flow process inefficiencies, which resulted in reduction of expenses. Report directly to senior-level management.
CDE Banking, New York, NY 2002 - 2007
Equity Sales Trader. Worked with mutual and hedge funds of varying sizes to determine and execute strategies and manage capital exposure when trading orders. Provided clients with trading ideas, commentary, and analysis.
- Managed both day-to-day and long-term strategic objectives for multiple institutional clients, including communicating research, discussing market news, and examining stock performance.
- Built strong working rapport across company departments by working directly with derivatives, convertibles, syndicate, and program trading to evaluate risk and achieve optimal order-flow execution.
- Generated over $3M per quarter in gross commissions in 2006 and 2007.
- Utilized comprehensive knowledge of micro and macroeconomic factors to evaluate risk.
- Made markets in more than 200 NASDAQ and NYSE stocks.
- Experience trading technology and healthcare sectors.
New York University, New York, New York
Bachelor of Business Administration, Stern School of Business, 2001
National Association of Securities Dealers Series 3, 4, 7, 55 and 63
MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access), Bloomberg