215 Crescent St.
Queens, NY 11106
Driven risk manager with a great eye for detail, strong analytical skills and a true understanding of financial markets.
Goldman Sachs, New York, NY 2003 - Present
Vice President of Market Risk. Market risk manager playing a key role in the risk/reward decision making process of the Firmwide Risk Committee.
- Verify and approve pricing models.
- Report market risk exposure internally and to federal regulatory agencies.
- Advise on modeling of complex trades.
- Manage market risk across asset classes including interest rates and rates derivatives, equity and equity derivatives, credit products, and securities financing.
- Implemented a new risk model, Credit Event VaR, to measure issuer risk for traded credit portfolio.
- Successfully closed a business unit and prevented significant credit losses before the credit market crisis in summer 2007.
- Monitor adherence to risk limits for all trading activities using quantitative measures, including Value at Risk (VaR) and stress tests.
- Alert trading desks and senior management of potential risk changes after significant events.
- Monitor credit limits, and work with trading desks and credit analysts to resolve credit limit breaches.
- Report to senior management on counterparty and issuer risk.
- Identify and resolve collateral quality issues to prevent potential loss.
- Model portfolio asset and liability cash flow gaps.
Deutsche Bank, New York, NY 2000 - 2003
Associate Vice President, Market Risk and Capital Management.
- Run regional and global VaR daily on multiple products such as money market funds, interest rate derivatives, MBS and CDO.
- Analyze daily VaR and write commentary on significant changes for senior market risk managers.
- Manage the bank's exposure to market risk to ensure it remained within limits.
- Monitor credit spread, vega, gamma, and prepayment sensitivity.
- Recommend actions to management based on trends.
- Research new methods to determine and measure market risk.
Deloitte & Touche, New York, NY 1998 - 2000
Financial Consultant . Worked with a team of professionals with various backgrounds to provide consulting services to large global banks and securities firms.
- Measure and quantify market, liquidity, credit, and operational risk assumed in global trading.
- Provided a credit risk study on commercial real estate lending and loan guarantees.
- Recommended global risk capital transfer to shift income to lower tax jurisdictions.
- Evaluate and report on client risk management infrastructure in areas of quantitative models and risk systems.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Chartered Financial Analyst
M.S. in Finance, Rochester Institute of Technology, 1998
B.S. in Finance, Rochester Institute of Technology, 1997
Keywords: risk management, market risk management, risk exposure, value at risk, VaR, exposure analysis, trend analysis, gap analysis, vega, gamma, mortgage backed securities, MBS TBA