Senior Relationship Manager, Business Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Generate new business to achieve defined sales targets
- To achieve assets/liabilities balances growth by acquiring, growing and retaining profitable BB customer relationships in assigned branches, through effective consultative selling and creative structuring of financial solutions that meet customer needs within the confines of the Bank's credit policies.
- To provide high quality service and advice to customers so that they may be encouraged to channel remunerative businesses and recommend referral businesses to the Bank.
Build and deepen relationships with existing BB Customers to increase share of wallet and revenues
- Draw up monthly plans for achieving new business and customer acquisition goals committed for the assigned centre.
- Source and call on individual prospects as well as organise and conduct sales presentations to groups, clubs, associations, companies and other organisation within the assigned centre.
- Active participation in BB marketing and promotional activities for customer acquisition.
- Solicit referrals from other parts of the SCB Group especially during periods of staff incentive promotional drives.
Provide truly professional customer service to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and retention
- Determine monthly plans and implement sales and service process to achieve committed targets for incremental business from existing BB Customers, and effectively
- carry out agreed sales initiatives
- adhere to standards for frequency and type of customer contact
- implement cross-selling and other relationship building activities, and
- prioritise activities based on the level of existing / potential business and revenue contribution of customers in assigned portfolio.
- Build an information database on existing BB Customers to support relationship building and cross-selling efforts.
- Foster and deepen customer relationships by providing regular market information updates and trend analyses on local and international market through market specialists, for appropriate follow up calls / visits to assist them in their investment decisions.
- Implement loyalty-rewarding programme(s) to reinforce customer relationships.
- Keep abreast of customers' needs and conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors' programme offering and activities for target customer groups so as to enable the local business and Group to initiate efforts to increase the attractiveness of the programme / product differentiation vis-a-viz local / global competition.
- Plan, target and cross-sell integrated business financial services to BB Customers who are self-employed professionals
- Ensure the collection and maintenance of high quality customer information, thus increasing the ability to service a customer's needs and generate revenue.
Review and recommend credit applications and follow-ups including mortgage and other loan documentation
- Consistently adhere to local and international service standards.
- Practise service excellence in handling customer issues, complaints, product enquiries in a timely, problem-free and responsive manner.
- Provide a high level of professionalism in conducting financial analysis and profiling with customers.
- Recommend improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on monitoring of customer feedback to ensure constant enhancement of service levels and efficiency.
- Adhering to guidelines specified in the Business Banking Credit Policy & Practice Manual and approved product programmes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure compliance with the Group's standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and KYC.
- Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities.
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and KYC in the day-to-day operations, which include account opening and reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication and acquire relevant knowledge and training from the PF Centre Manager.
- Degree and / or relevant professional qualifications / experience.
- Working experience in banking with demonstrable knowledge of banking practices and financial products.
- Favourable track record in managing sales and / or operations or demonstrated ability to achieve strong sales performance.
- Ability to work in a team of various levels to deliver exceptional performance.
- Demonstrated ability to establish a service culture.
- Good product knowledge/selling and service skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .