- Ho Chi Minh City, Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Officer, Retail Lending Operations
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Officer, Retail Lending OperationsAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing the processing and support strategy applicable to each product to ensure that it is in line with the overall Consumer Banking Operations strategy and that meets the needs of the individual product
- To continuously challenge and improve current process to reduce TAT and increase productivity
- To perform any assignments that may be required from time to time.
- Identify and drive change to processes to improve productivity and standardization.
- Responsible for the collective performance of the in country Operations functions supporting the relevant product against the agreed performance and risk metrics and the associated thresholds.
- Active to participate in lending operations related new projects, new business services launching.
- Quality document checking for ML/PL/AL.
- Prepare Mortgage contracts for lending customer
- Disburse loans and process lending service request
- Prepare daily and month report
- Respond and process enquiry/lending service request
- Ensure welcome letter, repayment schedule, sending to customer on time
- Custody and filling customers' files
- To ensure no backlog transactions.
- Complete other tasks assigned by Unit Head, team leaders
- To be accountable for the service delivery (through service, cost and risk levels) of Retail Lending Operations in Vietnam.
- To ensure effective risk mitigation and continuous service improvement through strong engagement of many teams, financial and capacity management
- Provide initiative to improve productivity
- Complete all mandatory learning as assigned by Group
- Self-motivate, train and develop to achieve high quality service to clients and avoid errors
- Ensure no surprises culture - no failed audits, no operational loss.
- Manage the maintenance of operational integrity throughout the unit.
- Proactively monitor and manage operational risks; system risks and channel risks of the products and highlight any potential and actual breakdown of controls to Unit Head, Retail Lending Ops.
- Responsible for the identification, escalation, management and mitigation of all aspects of risk in accordance with all relevant products at Group product level policies.
- Follow up to ensure all reported risks have been eliminated.
- Ensure products & services are delivered in compliance with local Regulatory Requirements.
- Ensure approved generic Product Program and their corresponding Country Addendum are in place before any product is accepted for implementation. Refer any instances of non-compliance to Unit Head, Retail Lending Ops to follow up.
- Accountable for defining a Risk Management methodology and the end to end control environment for each product line that ensures compliance with applicable internal policies and practices as well as external regulations and laws.
- Ensure that the Unit meets the service levels.
- Ensure controls are efficiently and effectively exercised in order to prevent frauds and losses.
- Actively managing and monitoring performance against defined Key Risk and Performance Indicators at the consolidated product level.
- Accountable for defining the control environment for ensuring that the Operations' functions supporting each product act within the applicable internal policies and procedures, as well as external regulations and laws, in respect of money laundering and fraud.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Retail Lending Ops, Vietnam to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Credit Risk
- Credit Initial
- Branch Ops
- Network services in GSSC, Chennai/KL
- District/Hanoi DONRE, Notary Offices
- Be the Departmental Continuity Coordinator and assist the Business Continuity Manager (BCM) to:
- Formulate recovery strategies
- Develop, maintain and test BC Plans for the business function
- Raise awareness of BC Planning issues within the unit/ department
- Qualification/education: University degree and/or professional qualification
- Experience requirement: with 1 year product and/or operations experience in Lending services for M15
- Operations Risk Management: Understanding of the knowledge or skill area and is able to apply it very effectively in the position. Seldom needs to ask for others for advice in this area (Advanced).
- Product knowledge: Understanding of the knowledge or skill area and is able to apply it with tremendous effectiveness in the position
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.