Business Risk Management - Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Retail Banking Process Universe; for executing/ completing and for supervising
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individuals plays in managing them.
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Understanding business risk/ return, and developing an appropriate set of checks and control during business life cycles, ensuring they are made transparently and based on assessment in accordance with Group standards and Board's Risk Appetite.
- Business understands the risk appetite through use of the Operational Risk Assessment Matrix, Authorities for Operational Risk Assessment & Acceptance Policy and\ the Risk Register. The new PPG/ updated and monitored through the use of the Risk Registers and relevant documentation of end-to-end process. Regularly assess existing business key controls against the risk register to ensure the level of controls remains cost effective, efficient and relevant.
- Implementing effective risk management process of: risk identification, assessment and measurement, acceptance and monitoring to reduce gross operational risk exposure to acceptable levels within the risk appetite.
- Risk Identification: Ensuring the risk identifications, measurement and management process are all operating as part of BAU with regular update of Risk Profiles and reporting of exposures for acceptance at PGCs and documenting them in the Risk Profiles.
- Risk Assessment and Measurement: Performing risk assessment on a consistent basis, reflecting the scope and complexity of the operation.
- Risk Acceptance: Following through the acceptance process to ensure risk acceptance at business unit level is complied with Authorities For Operational Risk Assessment & Acceptance Policy.
- Risk Monitoring: Reviewing operational risk assessments and acceptance periodically to appropriately reflect changes in environment and the progress of the mitigation plans.
- Risk & Loss Reporting
- Audit: Contributing towards achieving no fail results on audits and reviews undertaken by Group Internal Audit, Country Audit, regulators and external auditors.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group opearates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering "effective governance", capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters. amend items in square brackets to include those that are relevant for your country/business/function, but all should include The Right Environment.
- Retail Client Analytics
- Retail Products
- RC Finance
- Head of OR
- Embed Here For Good and Group's brand and values in RB, BRM
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.