- Hanoi, Thanh Pho Ha Noi, Vietnam
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Unit Head, Securities Services Operations
- Location: Hanoi, Thanh Pho Ha Noi, Vietnam
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Unit Head, Securities Services OperationsAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Responsible for developing the processing and support strategy applicable to each product to ensure that it is in line with the overall Wholesales Bank Operations strategy and that it meets the needs of the individual product
• Be the UORM for Securities Services Operations.
1. Business Performance
• Identify and drive change to processes to improve productivity and standardization
• Responsible for the collective performance of the In-Country Operations functions supporting the relevant product against the agreed performance and risk metrics and the associated thresholds.
• Identification of best operating practice from across the group and the implementation of procedures to ensure their roll out.
• Ownership and accountability for the overall operations budget by Product
2. BAU processing
• Back up for all SS functions (e.g. Corporate Action, Settlement, MFA, Fund Service, Vault, etc.)
• Responsible for as approver for SS tasks as per SS policies
• Maintain service level agreement metrics on turnaround and accuracy
• Effective stakeholder engagement to understand and fulfill the needs of internal clients
• Use metrics to drive decisions around service delivery improvements
• Build and maintain a strong relationship with existing customers.
People and Talent
• Building a people and unit road map that insures an effective team - utilizing all the people tools to continuously raise employee engagement
• Create a harmonious work environment
• Ensure efficient utilization of resources and adherence to established controls and procedures
• Motivate, coach and develop staff in order to maximize operational efficiency
• Schedule staff annual leaves and backup plan to ensure a smooth operation within SSO.
• Enhance disciplines of staff
• Implement LDP for SSO staff
• Conduct monthly meeting for Securities Services Operation
2. People and Talent
• To sponsor best practice that embeds a high-performance culture across the Operations' organization.
• To establish best practice for direct reports to ensure appropriate reward and development.
• Ownership of applicable training programme to ensure all staff supporting a product have been accredited on product, process and systems knowledge.
• Have a set process to capture new ideas
• Ensure migration of best practice
• Insure a no surprises culture - no failed audits
• Manage the maintenance of operational integrity throughout the unit
• Proactively monitor and manage operational risks; system risks and channel risks of the products and highlight any potential and actual breakdown of controls to Head of WBO, Group function and CORG via Risk Trackers; KPIs and monthly operational risk reporting
• Responsible for the identification, escalation, management and mitigation of all aspects of risk in accordance with all relevant product at Group product level policies.
• Follow up to ensure all reported risks have been eliminated.
• Ensure effective implementation of KCSA and on-going review in conformance with Group Operational Risk policy and Procedures.
• Ensure products & services are delivered in compliance with local Regulatory Requirements and the CRM framework is fully embedded to BAU.
• Ensure approved generic Product Programmes and their corresponding Country Addendum are in place before any product is accepted for implementation. Refer any instances of non-compliance to Head of WBO and SCO for follow up and also highlight such instances to Group Function and CORG via KPIs and monthly operational risk reporting
• Money laundering prevention:
o Ensure money laundering prevention requirements are communicated to all staff
o Ensure training on MLP is taken at least once every 24 months for all staff and within one month from joining date for newly recruited staff including temporary/ contract staff
o Ensure money laundering prevention reporting procedure is followed in Securities Services
o Report to business BORM/ Country MLPO should there be any money laundering related issues.
• Training and Compliance
o Complete e-learning as assigned by Group
o Read and appropriately discharge duties as per Group Policies and Local regulations
o Attend to all training nominated and also to request for training
• Oversee, direct and control Securities Services Operations Department
• Ownership of the generic end to end process model for the product to ensure standardization; deviations to the generic should only be approved on an exceptional basis, e.g. where local regulations demand.
• Accountable for defining a Risk Management methodology and the end to end control environment for each product line that ensures compliance with applicable internal policies and practices as well as external regulations and laws.
• Ensure that the Unit meets the service levels
• Ensure controls are efficiently and effectively exercised in order to prevent frauds and losses.
• Implement different measures to reduce cost
• Actively managing and monitoring performance against defined Key Risk and Performance Indicators at the consolidated product level.
• Accountable for defining the control environment for ensuring that the Operations' functions supporting each product act within the applicable internal policies and procedures, as well as external regulations and laws, in respect of money laundering and fraud.
• Dual control of vault/physical securities and other valuable papers pertaining to Securities Services.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the Securities Services team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Local regulators: Vietnam Securities Depository; State Securities Commission, State Bank of Vietnam, Ministry of Finance; Stock Exchanges: HOSE, HNX.
• Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent).
• CEO/COO/Group Product Head, SSO/Head of WBO
• Managers/Officers Securities Services Operations
• CSC Manager/Officer
• Managers/Officers of CMS/GMO/Compliance departments
• IT manager/Officers/ ITSC
• Admin Officer
• Regional securities services in Singapore
• Regional Sales proposal team in Singapore
• Guidance and matters out with your own discretionary authority.
• Daily transactions and operational matters.
• Customers' enquiries
• Related activities
• Exchange rates/ deals
• Technical matters
• Stationary indent & other matters
• Regional deals/clients
• The Bank's clients
• Supply chain: Thomas Murray
• Local regulators: Vietnam Securities Depository; State Securities Commission
• Trading Center: Hanoi Securities Trading Center; Hochiminh Securities Trading Center
• In respect of all available Securities services
• To ensure that Operations meet the needs to all stakeholders, in particular: Internal and external customers.
• BCP: Be the Departmental Continuity Coordinator and assist the Business Continuity Manager (BCM) to
o Formulate recovery strategies
o Develop, maintain and test BC Plans for the business function
o Raise awareness of BC Planning issues within the unit/ department
o Responsible for defining system usage, approving and defining priorities for system investment
o Responsible for ensuring appropriate system ownership at both Business and Operations Owner level as required by the Group Application Inventory
• Legal and Regulatory
o To ensure that the processes and controls in place for each product are in compliance with all Group legal and regulatory policies.
o Document the controls and monitoring plans in CRM Matrix spreadsheets, ensuring these controls and monitoring plans are practical and appropriate for the unit.
o Manage the resolution of any compliance breaches or exceptions highlighted by the business monitoring performed within the unit.
o Responsible for undertaking cross-functional business monitoring & testing (i.e. checking the records, reviewing the transactions) (of those assigned to you) and reporting findings, exceptions and results from such monitoring/ testing activities.
• Key measurables
o Q12 Impact plan follow up
o Budget variances
o Internal & external "Voice of customer" feedback
o Value creation e.g. efficiency gains
o Productivity gains/ improvement
o Attrition rates of unit
o External perceptions of unit in terms of service and environment
o Compliance vs control standards
o Operational losses
Our Ideal Candidate
1. Qualification/education: University degree and/or professional qualification
2. Experience requirement: with 5 years product and/or operations experience in Custody services
3. Operations Risk Management: Has a strong understanding of the knowledge or skill area and is able to apply it very effectively in the position. Seldom needs to ask for others for advice in this area (Advanced).
4. Product knowledge: Has a highly detailed, thorough understanding of the knowledge or skill area and is able to apply it with tremendous effectiveness in the position. Is sought out for advice when tough problems arise and others are unable to solve them. (Expert).
5. Capacity planning: Advanced
6. Process management: Advanced
7. Business management: Advanced
8. People management: Advanced
9. Additional Job specific skill or knowledge on Securities Services area: Advanced.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.