Manager, Fund Services Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Manage for Domestic Fund Services team responsible Fund Accounting Operations;
- Verify and manage for preparing financial statements in accordance with requirements regulated by regulators or requested by the clients;
- Ensure timely and accurate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually financial reports;
- Review entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and in compliance with Accounting Standards (i.e. VAS, IFRS);
- Review daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts;
- Responsible for reviewing month- end, year- end accounting closing process;
- Check and authorize payment instruction in an accurate and timely manner to comply with Vietnam regulations, Fund's charter and the bank policy (if any);
- Ensure function's compliance to Group's policies, procedures and local regulatory requirements (KCI, CST, KCSA and internal and external audits requirements);
- Support Head of Operations on all technical issues relating to fund services.
People and Talent
- Actively support the sales and services culture of the Bank
- To provide positive feedback to clients on areas for improvement with the aim of strengthening client relationship
- Maintain good relationship with stakeholder specially VSD, SSC, HNX, HSX, BIDV, SBV, MOF, brokers and other stakeholders
Governance and Risk Management
- Complete e learning as assigned by Group. Ensure the completion of e-learning of all team members
- Self motivate, train and develop to achieve high quality service to clients and avoid errors
- Train and develop team members to achieve inter-sectional teamwork and total quality business unit and maintenance of quality service.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Fully understand and comply with Group Securities Services policies and local regulatory requirements and embed it in BAU and appropriately discharge duties as per Group Policies and Local regulations
- Ensure compliance to all established procedures, regulations and Group Securities Services policy guide
- Able to recognise implication of changes of regulations or market practices and take appropriate measures to keep the bank and clients informed and to protect their interest
- Assist Head, Securities Services Operations to monitor and manage operational risks including system and channel risks of the products and highlight any potential and actual breakdown of controls to Head, MWS, Group function and CORG via Risk trackers; KPIs and Phoenix.
- Ensure approved generic Product Programs and their corresponding Country Addendums are in place before any product is accepted for implementation. Refer any instances of non compliance to higher level for follow up and also highlight such instances to via KPIs and monthly operational risk reporting.
- Keep Head, Securities Services Operations and Head, Markets, Wealth & Securities Services Ops / CIO advised of financial and any extraordinary developments. Ensure accurate and timely submission of management and local regulatory returns
- Manage and direct Operational Risk Management and Control for Securities Services to achieve at least an audit rating of "Satisfactory"
- University degree with 4 years operations experience in Fund services or at least 4 years working experience in the banking industry.
- Well verse in banking operations and practices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer oriented
- Ability to work independently and in team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Helpful and willing to go extra miles
- Operational Risk Management: Introductory
- Product knowledge: Core
- Capacity/capability planning: Introductory
- Process Management: Core
- Innovation through process improvement: Core
- Additional Job specific skill or knowledge area e.g. relevant product knowledge: Core
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.