Business Development Manager, Priority
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Generation of new business for Priority products & services including Liability, Sercured Personal, Bancasurance…
• Achieve allocated business targets
• Participate actively in branch sales planning to generate action plans for meeting targets.
• Regular monitoring of sales
• Convert customer leads to sales.
• Generate potential new leads for other parts of bank e.g. Business Banking.
• Upgrade potential customers to Priority
• Sell multiple standard products to customers based on identified needs.
• Refer to product specialists to sell more complex products based on identified needs.
• Be multi-skilled to handle all kinds of transactions and services in the bank
• Successful and consistent conversion of leads to sales.
• Quality customer requirements appropriately.
• Provide advice and respond appropriately to less complex queries.
• Build on existing relationships to grow/ develop customer portfolio.
• Cultivates customer pipeline.
• Anticipate future basic product needs given analysis of current state.
• Accurate process transaction documentation.
• Identify opportunity for transaction processing improvements.
• Providing remote service at good quality and service standards as set out by Team Manager, Business Development - Priority.
• Attend regular training / retraining in order to provide competent service excellence to NTB and potential customer
• Ensure transactions are processed with a high level of accuracy and commitment in order to satisfy customer needs.
Properly following related processes and procedures including but not limited to Priority products & services, CDD & AML …
People and Talent
Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of my role. Understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Groups policies, procedures and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Contribute to a culture in which all stakeholders feel safe to raise concerns and where risk and compliance matters are addressed and misconduct appropriately dealt with.
Awareness, understanding and following of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Branch Operations & Services Team
- Sales Support Team
- Lending Operations Team
- Account Services Team
- Bancasurrance Team
- CI Team
- Card Operations Team
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in the team,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University education/ qualication
- Bancasurrance licenses and certification
- Bank training: all mandatory training & elearning
- English professional
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .