Retail Banking - Head of Retail Transformation & Advisor
- Muzayri‘, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Our client, is a very reputable regional bank in their country and are looking to hire an adviser, who will report into the CEO and guide the bank through the strategic & operational transformation of their Retail Banking operations.
Our client is a leading Financial Services organisation in their country with 70+ branches and 600+ staff. The Retail Bank accounts for over 50% of the Bank's Assets & Revenues, and this role will spearhead transformation for the Bank - the role is being recruited out of Dubai.
In summary, the candidate will have experience in leading the transformation of a Bank's Retail Strategy - this includes the design, conceptualisation, plan to implement, implementation through to post-implementation monitoring and redesigning - 360-degrees and end-to-end. If the candidate does not have this end-to-end experience in a Retail Banking role at a Bank, the candidate will be limited in regards to the experience for the role.
Typical responsibilities would be as below:
- Draft budgets and prepare annual sales plans within the retail banking division for the sales channels, services suppliers / partners and following up on execution in order to achieve the objectives set
- Oversee the development of the branches' plan and the redeployment of sales and service locations in line with the Bank's orientations and objectives
- Supervise the leadership and management of the Bank's segments & channels and follow-up on achieving the target budgets and directing the marketing and sales efforts to achieve the target numbers
- Overlook and approve the research and development of banking products and services offered by the Bank to the various segments of the Bank with the objective of making the bank more competitive and increasing its market share
- Ensure compliance with the standards of quality of service and policies and procedures adopted to limit customer complaints
- Ensure that the departments and affiliates comply with the regulatory requirements of the Bank and implement the internal audit recommendations and the regulatory bodies
A few markers of successful performance at the end of a few years would be an increase in market penetration, addition of relevant products, greater efficiency in cross-sell, product-per-customer (PPC) increase, etc.
The candidate must have:
- Minimum 20 years of banking experience with at least 15 years in an executive role - a strong preference for a Head of Retail Banking
- Proven leadership skills and the experience of leading the strategic and hands-on operational transformation of a Retail Banking operation in a competitive banking market; this needs to be end-to-end
- The drive and motivation to immerse themselves in a challenging & rewarding role
- An Undergraduate Degree is a must; there is a preference for the candidate to have a Post-Graduate Degree
- Exceptional communication and superior stakeholder management skills - internally, and externally
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to relocate from their current geographical base
Globally competitive pay and a stimulating opportunity