Vice President, Investments
- Competitive Base + Bonus
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai Dubai AE
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
Senior member of the Capital Markets team responsible for idea generation, research and management of new and existing public equity investments. Will deal directly with the CIO. Key skill sets include fundamental company analysis and macro analysis of countries and industries. Candidates should be risk positive with a proven track record of success in their professional or personal lives.
We are an international business group with offices in Singapore and Dubai, with businesses in financial services, healthcare and energy. These businesses employ over 5,000 people around the world. Our investment division has held significant investments in some of the world's largest companies, with a three-decade track record of top-tier performance.
We are passionate about the role that great companies play in advancing prosperity and well-being. We place a special emphasis on good corporate governance towards maximising national prosperity and business sustainability.
We are searching for a motivated, talented individual to join our public markets investment team. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Idea generation
• Investment management
• Advising CIO on investment decisions
• Fundamental analysis and company valuation
• Macro analysis of countries and sectors
• On-the-ground research engaging company management and analysts
• Produce investment recommendations and reports
• Build and actively monitor sector specific screens
• Report on portfolio company earnings and corporate actions
• Build relationships with investee company management teams
• Work with other business units, such as trading, private markets team and operations, on deal sourcing and execution
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a financial qualification, such as a qualified Chartered Accountant or CFA
• Have strong relational skills, able to represent the company well when dealing with external parties
• Be comfortable with performing company valuations and analysis
• Be passionate about financial markets
• Have a proven ability to execute
• Be very well-spoken, and have a polished and professional appearance
• Be able to work at speed, and multi-task
• Be an “energiser” – you have a positive attitude, and do more than just quietly sit at your desk
• Be meticulous in your attention to detail
• Be hungry to learn – you will be given the opportunity to do work far beyond the scope of a traditional equity research analyst
Previous public markets experience is not required. Ideal candidates will have strong accounting knowledge plus a willingness to learn our unique investment approach.
Relocation benefits offered for overseas candidates and their family.