Solution Principal Why Oracle NetSuite?
One word - transformation.
At Oracle NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. Oracle NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today Oracle NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on premise systems. Transform your career at Oracle NetSuite
At Oracle NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. Oracle NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don't have fun along the way, then what's the point? Summary:
As part of the Professional Services practice, the Solution Principal role is responsible for working jointly with the NetSuite Direct Sales and Account Management Groups for their appropriate Vertical to provide scoping, solutioning and estimation of the Professional Services effort required for new Sales Opportunities.
The Solution Principal is also responsible for presenting and delivery of the final Statement of Work (SOW) for the Professional Services to implement the products sold. Although the initial customer requirements are obtained by the Sales team, the Solution Principal may from time to work with the Sales team during the initial discovery and demo process to ensure that the prospect's requirements are fully understood and included in the implementation SOW. Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of sales representatives and Solutions Consultants in the specific Vertical to validate in and out of scope requirements and assist with solutioning as necessary
- Work with Practice Vertical Leads, Practice Directors and Practice Managers to determine best approach to Professional Service offerings based on prospect and scope
- Manage and prioritize Professional Services opportunities
- Create Statements of Work and develop cost estimates for Professional Services efforts
- Manage and prioritize requests from both Direct and Account Management teams
- Maintain Professional Services Engagement Record updates within our internal sales force automation system to manage and prioritize Professional Services sales opportunities
- Develop, deliver and sell high-impact Professional Services Value Proposition
- Participate in pricing and Statement of Work presentations to prospective customers to present and discuss contents of an SOW
- Provide explanations to prospects for questions regarding SOWs and NetSuite offerings
- Negotiate with prospects in regards to inclusions/exclusions in the scope of the SOW and update pricing accordingly
- Knowledge transfer to the Professional Services implementation team
- May require to assist in the planning phase of projects
- Ability to acquire and maintain an understanding of NetSuite products in the assigned Vertical/industry
- Assisting clients with mapping their budget & priorities to the scope and deployment strategy
- Four to six years (4 to 6 years) of experience in systems applications consultancy with a consulting firm or software provider
- Experience working with sales teams, either in a pre-sales or direct sales role
- Experience presenting value proposition presentations
- Good negotiation skills
- Candidates should have excellent customer relationship acumen and experienced consulting skills to work with customers
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience successfully delivering presentations via web conferencing
- Excellent understanding of the standard business practices as related to core ERP processes
- Must have experience with an enterprise financial application package (preferably NetSuite) and a good understanding of accounting principles
- Experience in full cycle implementations of CRM, ERP and eCommerce applications desirable
- Previous application experience in one or more of the following is an asset: NetSuite, SAP, Oracle e-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Epicor, Great Plains, AccPac, Best Software-MAS Series, Sales Logix, Siebel or Salesforce.com
- Successful candidates should have demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into workable world class business solutions; either as a software solution or a re-engineering initiative
- Bachelors/Master degree preferred or comparable experience
Travel is expected to be 30-50% for this r Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Works directly with Consulting sales to analyze customer business needs.
Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment in order to design business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Operates independently by applying Oracle methodology, company procedures, leading practices, and creativity to develop business solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. Influences customer leadership in acceptance of Oracle solutions and services to facilitate the closing of consulting deals. Contributes to statements of work, work breakdown structures and/or level of effort and staff plans. Presents and demonstrates solutions to customers. Builds and maintains a network and up-to-date specific industry or product knowledge. Responsible for transitioning deal knowledge to implementation team. May lead solution design aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality and integrated business solutions. Demonstrates expertise in multiple business processes within one product family; or architects and designs technology solutions that address cross stack issues.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Broad product, technology or industry expertise. Ability to craft and articulate strategic solutions. In-depth knowledge of implementation methodologies and best practices. Knowledge of competitive & partner products, technology and solutions. Ability to travel as needed. As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).