The Role Responsibilities
Strategy, Service Delivery & Change Management
- Responsible for delivering high quality Client Service to all clients
- Ensure delivery of Service meets established parameters - Client SLAs, Operational Targets
- Lead robust partnership with Cash Product and Sales Teams, TB BAMs, and other front office functions to ensure that relationship and transactional servicing needs of Clients are holistically met
- Ensure that systems capabilities, infrastructure, and processes are adequately provisioned to meet day to day requirements. Work with Global Head of Cash Client Service and Technology partners to address gaps as applicable.
- Proactively gather Client Feedback and channel the feedback to support strategy and organization priorities
- Support the Global Process Owner for Client Service Processes to review and optimize processes to enhance Client Experience, improve productivity, reduce risk and improve controls
- Lead specific initiatives to meet efficiency and service experience goals and targets
- Manage adherence to policies including escalation and compliance requirements. Monitor and regularly review the procedures and controls to ensure they reflect changes in process, products, polices and regulations.
- Ensure that client escalations and complaints are appropriately managed and promptly dealt with
Governance & Risk Management
- Ensure the provision of the highest standard of Client Service
- Track service performance indicators and ensure that performance targets are always met; work with regional/country heads to institute remedial actions where needed
- Ensure that client escalations and complaints are effectively and promptly managed. Actively engage with the relevant stakeholders as needed to minimise client impact and overcome blockages in resolution of incidents.
- Establish partnerships with Cash Operations, Technology PSS and other teams to facilitate rapid resolution of client queries and problems
- Measure and drive an improvement in client satisfaction levels across various products, service tiers in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Maintain pulse check of the top issues impacting clients and ensure a continuous feedback and improvement process via a robust root cause analysis process is in place within the country.
- Manage the delivery of the Service efficiency and improvement targets.
- Drive a strong service culture within the teams
- Deliver identified Service process improvements to meet efficiency goals and improve client experience.
Business Continuity Management
- Review and ensure presence of a strong robust control environment for all Client Service processes in respective countries.
- Ensure timely closure of audit action items tagged to the team
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees in line with the banks policies
- Partner with the relevant Product Owners to ensure the Client Service teams are performing to an acceptable risk and control standard as per the defined Client Journey Sustainability framework
- Synergize with Risk teams to develop, design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management
- Ensure that material risks that are brought to stakeholders' attention which affect business processes and critical systems and projects are monitored, managed (to minimise loss and risk), and escalated accordingly
- Adhere to policies including escalations and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies, and regulations
People and Talent
- Implement Business Continuity Management ("BCM") plan across the business, to facilitate continuity of critical business operations in the event of significant business interruption.
- Support business impact assessment and business management plan across the business.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Lead and support mindset change, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement, with the expectation that everyone in Client Service Team are drivers and owners of client outcomes
- Role model and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people such that the team is skilled and experienced to deliver its obligations. Ensure succession planning for critical roles
- Drive training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Review team structure and capacity plans in accordance with change in business structure and demand.
- Encourage and foster a friendly working environment within the team to achieve teams objectives through teamwork and operational efficiency
- Role model exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines
- Embody the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Oversee the effective communication and implementation of regulatory changes through Business Risk Managers
- Engage with local regulatory stakeholders and build trusted and valued relationships to drive outcomes that are satisfactory to the conduct of business in that relevant hub.
- TB COO MT
- Cash Strategic Pillar Leads
- TB/Cash Country heads
- TB/Cash Universal Market heads
- Technology Heads including PSS
- Global/Regional DCDA Heads
- BAM/ Relationship Managers/ GAMs (for Premier Clients)
- Head of IMO
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with employees, clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including regulators and staff.
Role Specific Competencies
- Post Graduate In Commerce and Accounting
- Atleast 10 years in International Cash Management Operations and Service Roles
- Languages; English, Arabic
- Cash Operations knowledge on remittances, collections, direct debits, WPS and APIs, H2H channels
About Standard Chartered
- Business Facilitation
- Manage Change
- Management of Frontline Risk
- Business Governance & Support
- Strategy & Business Model
- Service Delivery & Operations
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers