Senior Associate, Major Corporate-backed Life Sciences Venture Capital Investor, Dubai, UAE
11480 About our client
Our client is a major family-owned conglomerate which has a sizeable investment arm. Various arms of the company invest in a range of strategic directions - this role is part of the venture capital team. Our client promotes on merit and offers a strong career path. What the job involves
Who we are looking for
- Assist in sourcing new life sciences opportunities through extensive research, analysis of scientific and market data, building industry relationships and attending industry events.
- Play an active role in deal pipeline monitoring and management and ensure that all information on current and potential investments is updated on a regular basis.
- Evaluate life sciences investment opportunities and perform financial analysis, return analysis and scenario modelling
- Participate in due diligence of new opportunities including tech, commercial, financial, tax and legal due diligence and conduct scientific due diligence either internally or with external advisors.
- Develop investment papers and presentations for submission to the Investment Committee and to the Executive Board
- Support all transaction work related to divestitures including preparing all required information, investment decks, negotiating deal terms, etc.
- A bachelor's degree in a life science or biotechnology discipline from a top-tier university. Advanced degree in a life sciences discipline preferred.
- An MBA from a globally recognised business school preferred
- Relevant work experience in the healthcare or biotechnology sector in investment banking/ V/ Principal investing.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills in English; Arabic is considered added value
- Ability to simplify and present complex science and highlight its commercial potential
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and modeling skills; specifically, analysing complex operating/ financial/ valuation models