You will support Risk systems management and all future enhancements. This role will be a functional Risk system analyst who will transform and translate end user requirements into specific system design and requirements. This role will also be responsible to provide the functional support to all key Risk functions across all international branches & subsidiaries. The role will facilitate and support all areas of risk systems such as portfolio, ALM, liquidity, market risk and policy / governance across the global network.
Position: Senior Analyst – Risk Systems
Entity: Group Strategic Risk Management – Group Risk
Location: Doha, Qatar
About us: We are the largest Financial Services firm in the MENA region with international offices across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
You will support Risk systems management and all future enhancements. This role will be a functional Risk system analyst who will transform and translate end user requirements into specific system design and requirements. This role will also be responsible to provide the functional support to all key Risk functions across all international branches & subsidiaries. The role will facilitate and support all areas of risk systems such as portfolio, ALM, liquidity, market risk and policy / governance across the global network. You will support Risk system architecture and integration planning across the global network, and be expected to be an expert with hands-on in enterprise risk management systems, processes, someone who can interface with other SRM functions.
You will work very closely with business users on risk systems initiation, implementation and post-implementation support, develops compelling and innovative Risk systems while complying with existing standards, guidelines, and processes. They will suggest alternate solutions to meet or improve the desired objectives based on best practice industry solutions in order to influence the desired outcomes.
You will support user acceptance testing, coaching and training for all end users on aspects of all risk systems and specific processes in order to ensure consistency, quality and productivity of the deliverables.
Support Head of Risk Systems and work closely with the vendors and relevant departments e.g. ITD, Group Credit, Financial Control and Corporate / Retail etc. to ensure the smooth operation of risk systems, running projects and MIS.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Risk management system related implementation and ongoing operation is within approved budgets and support Risk project management keeping on track of all scheduled and forecasted related progress and costs.
- Directly support Head of Risk Change Management & MIS for all Risk projects.
- Arrange and conduct user trainings and workshop for assign projects.
- Provide IT liaison to conclude all relevant projects.
- Provide data and system support for projects in coordination with ITD.
- The incumbent is directly responsible to estimate the external vendor support and or onsite involvement required and plans accordingly in liaison with department head and ITD.
- Ensure all internal and regulatory changes in relevant supporting Risk related systems.
- Ensure business requirements are implemented in Risk related systems.
- Provide liaison and support to vendors and all internal stakeholders.
- Ensure User training and knowledge specific to Risk Management systems, models and related risk technology developments that support their efficient running throughout our risk process.
- Support relevant system mappings vs. the risk department user requirements as well as support ITD to incorporate these changes and data sets.
- Participate in other assigned risk projects and workshops
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality and ethics to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and risk management related qualification(s) / certification(s)
- FRM qualified
- Risk Management systems implementation experience for banks for minimum of 8 years.
- Must have experience of delivering ALM, Liquidity and Market Risk related systems.
- Hands-on experience on FIS (formerly known as SunGard) ALM Focus application will be a huge plus.
- Should have functional knowledge/exposure on Credit, Market and Liquidity Risk concepts. Should have 60% IT and 40% functional risk skills.
- Experience of large implementation projects on the functional side.
- Experience of working with large data sets, proven experience in Business Analysis & Testing.
- Must have Active expertise of risk modelling, risk systems and data management as utilized for Risk related activities. This includes skills on SQL, JAVA etc. as applied to Risk usage i.e. Risk Management modelling (like Credit Risk Ratings, Probability of Default (PD) modelling, Risk Adjusted Return On Capital (RAROC), Value at Risk (VaR), Duration Gap Analysis, Earnings at Risk etc.).
- Prior experience of designing and implementing Risk Management processes
- Knowledge of Basel and FSA requirements
- Detailed knowledge of IT systems/ applications and tools.
- Application knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and/or projects with the use of various IT tools and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to gain commitment.