Risk Manager - Risk Management - [DIFC] Dubai
- Not disclosed
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Singapore
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
Responsible for the implementation of the credit risk policies under guidance of Head of Credit Risk
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Credit Manager!
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
1. Review credit applications submitted by the relationship officers (RMs) in terms of the following:
• Correct format is used.
• Information provided on the borrower/guarantor, account conduct/relationship, collateral provided, financial condition etc are comprehensive and consistent.
• Clarity and accuracy of the credit application. This also entails investigation into the file records (e.g. documentation/security in order and correctly reflected; margin calls/excess history; correct pricing applied).
• Out of policy terms and conditions are properly explained and justified.
• The borrower is correctly rated using the CCRM web-based Risk Rater model
• There is a RAROC report for proposals with ‘out of policy’ pricing and to check the inputs.
2. Discuss the credit application with the RM to ensure that the final version to be presented for approval is mutually acceptable.
3. Check on availability of country limit. If there is no country limit, to ensure adequate country limit is applied for. To ensure that the facility is not utilized until country limit is available.
4. Approve credits as AS-RM within the assigned SAP mandate level
5. Prepare a clear and concise risk advice detailing risks involved, highlight shortfalls (including documentation shortfalls) as well as compliance with previous conditions and outline recommendations.
6. Act as Secretary of the BOS Reporting Committee meetings (on rotation basis).
7. Issue approval messages for credits after approval by the relevant SAP mandate level on a timely basis.
8. Monitor proactively that approval conditions are carried out within the stipulated time frames and to elevate non-compliance to management (keep track via a.o. the general Risk Outlook calendar).
9. Proactive monitoring of biennial reviews and annual re-rating of the credit facilities. (Keep overdue reviews as low a possible but in any case within 10% of total credit facilities.)
10. Initiate the suspension of credit facilities for which reviews are overdue for 3 months or more.
Work Experience Requirements:
• At least 10 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the private banking &/or FI credit industry
• Holistic view and knowledge on credit processes and operations would be advantageous particularly in writing of the credit policies
• Good knowledge of counterparty credit risk, treasury and structured products
• Maturity level and skill/judgment to deal effectively with senior managers
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with other departments
• Experience in managing small teams
• Strong presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Able to multi-task in a competitive environment and have a sense of urgency
• Must possess UK residual real estate knowledge
• Good to have commercial real estate knowledge
• Good to have knowledge of Middle East clients