- Competitive AED
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai Dubai AE
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Risk Analyst is required to join the Risk & Reporting team of a private investment company managing a global portfolio of investments across a wide range of asset classes with the primary objectives of capital preservation and long-term capital growth.
- Take ownership of the investment, exposure, performance and P&L reports and ensure that they are prepared accurately, timely and efficiently; continuously enhance the reporting process;
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the portfolio’s investments and their risk exposures e.g. price risk, currency risk, valuation issues, liquidity risk, credit risk etc. and ensure these are being effectively captured, analysed and reported;
- Construct/assist with the development of risk models to enhance monitoring of investment risk exposures;
- Assist with analysis of the portfolio investments and their risk/return profile;
- Become an expert on performance analysis of different asset classes including private equity, hedge funds as well as traditional investments;
- Work closely with the Investment Team to ensure a mutual understanding of portfolio risk, performance and reporting requirements;
- Become a center of excellence on the portfolio management system, including the maintenance of the investment guideline limits.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Prior work experience in a risk or similar quantitative role;
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. FRM) are a plus;
- Good knowledge of investment risk analysis, statistics and quantitative techniques applied to portfolio management;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and VBA, able to automate tasks using macros;
- Working knowledge of R, Python or similar will be a distinct advantage;
- Good verbal and written communication skills; and
- Intellectual curiosity and professional inquisitiveness.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will consider only applications that include resumes/cover letters that include your current salary.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.