Dubai based private investment manager has an opening for a Performance and Guideline Analyst. The role has overall responsibility for preparing and analysing all performance, P&L, exposure and other portfolio reports along with monitoring adherence to the Investment Guidelines and related control procedures.
- Calculate and analyse performance, attribution and contribution at different levels of the portfolio using existing systems and spreadsheets;
- Take ownership of the performance, P&L, exposure, allocation etc. reports and ensure that they are prepared accurately, timely and efficiently;
- Analyse reports for unusual movements or anomalies and liaise with the Investment and Operations Teams to resolve discrepancies;
- Continually enhance the design & production of reports to improve their analytical use, internal controls and/or efficiency;
- Prepare all external performance reporting including Board reports, fact sheets etc;
- Oversight and ensure accuracy of the Investment Dashboard and related monitoring tools;
- Become an expert on performance analysis of different asset classes including private equity, hedge funds as well as traditional investments and gain an in-depth understanding of the portfolio’s investments, exposures and their expected performance, benchmarks etc;
- Monitor compliance with the Investment Guidelines and related internal controls;
- Highlight breaches and investigate reasons for the breach.
- The role will best suit a candidate with at least 5 years of similar experience;
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of performance measurement methods and techniques is required, preferably including private assets;
- Highly numerate;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, risk, statistics, or a similar discipline;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel at spreadsheet level including Macros, VBA etc SQL or other useful programming languages/software would be very useful.
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Intellectual curiosity and professional inquisitiveness; and
- Exceptional attention to detail.