Mergers & Acquisitions Executive
Our clients are increasingly looking to us to help them plan for growth and analyze all aspects of their overall strategy, which can include inorganic growth. When you join our experienced M&A advisory team, you'll be at the heart of that challenge, guiding clients through every stage of their transaction lifecycle, be it acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs, buy-ins, fundraising, initial public offerings, takeovers, mergers and strategic reviews. The Opportunity
We are looking for a knowledgeable M&A Transactions Advisory professional with significant experience any one
of the following sectors: Oil & Gas, TMT ( technology, media and, telecom ), Financial Institutions Group, Consumer Products & Retail, or Healthcare
to join our high performing team. As an M&A Executive, you will assist clients in assessing the strategic fit of a business by analyzing all aspects of a transaction, assessing the projected synergies, project managing the deal cycle, assisting in negotiations, and conducting financial modelling.
You will leverage off an extensive global network, empowering you to provide sector-focused advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and help execute acquisitions, alliances and mergers. Key responsibilities
You will support in the execution of transactions across the client portfolio, preparing client reports and key documentation for fund-raising, acquisitions and disposals. You will also be responsible for the following:
Skills and attributes for success
- Identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships
- Meeting the transaction timetable, ensuring quality on client deliverables, as well as engaging with counterparties and other advisers to ensure transaction milestones are met
- Understanding the key business drivers as well as identifying, and managing key issues and risks through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Counsel junior colleagues, share knowledge, and take an active role in the growth and development of the whole term
Experience of corporate finance in an investment bank, professional services firm or boutique with a track record of working on both the buy-side and sell-side, as well as finance raising. The role would require strong numerical, financial and modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements. You will have sound commercial judgment and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems. To qualify you must have:
Ideally, you will also have
- As a minimum, a Bachelor's degree ideally in a finance related topic or similar from a reputable University
- At least 3 to 4 years' experience in an M&A environment, with significant experience in any one of the following sectors: Oil & Gas, TMT ( technology, media and, telecom ), Financial Institutions Group, Consumer Products & Retail, or Healthcare .
- Experience throughout the full deal lifecycle covering aspects such as origination, negotiation, research, pitching, financial modelling & valuation, and closing.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to produce high quality and impactful professional documents for clients and internal use
- Flexibility to travel (approx. 25 to 75%).
What we look for
- MBA or Master's degree in finance (or related field) from a reputable University
- CFA qualification or working towards it
- Transactions experience.
- GCC experience or working in one of the mature markets
- Arabic language skills would be an asset
We are interested in highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. What working for EY offers?
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- A culture that will encourage you to grow you skills and strengths for your own betterment as well as that or EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.