MD, Public Sector & Development Organisations, MENAP
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
We are currently looking for a Managing Director, Public Sector and Development Organisations, MENAP.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
- Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required.
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
- Professionally represent Standard Chartered within region and internationally.
- Bring strategic thought to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie.
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Ensure all relevant processes are adhered to, across the geography, in compliance with all internal and external regulations, policies and procedures.
People and Talent
- Work closely with the Banking Heads AME and MENAP and the Global Head PSDO (joint responsibility on appointments, compensation and career management) and Country Management to:
- Develop strategic resourcing approach with Business and Country HR to ensure robust identification, selection of key critical hires and deployment of appropriate talents to deliver the strategy.
- Drive talent development and growth, with a commitment to diversity and inclusion principles in hiring approach and a special emphasis to develop local talent and increase gender diversity.
- Embed Operational Risk Management and reporting as an integral part of the business process
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in place to comply with Group and
- Business policies, procedures, standards and codes
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees
- Ensure continuous readiness for both internal audits and regulatory reviews, and that action points are tracked to closure in a timely fashion.
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business