Seeking a research analyst (generalist) for a Dubai-based alternative investment firm. The fund conducts bottom-up, fundamental research and invests in corporate securities in the MENA region.
Firm Investment Mandate
- Asset class: Listed equities, high yield bonds, bank debt and direct lending
- Sector: No restrictions
- Style: Deep value, event driven and distressed
- Region: Middle East and North Africa (includes Turkey)
- Clientele: Institutional Investors, Corporates and HNIs from across the globe
- Education: Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Finance / Accounting / Economics / Business from a top tier college / university.
- CFA: CFA Level 2 completion at a minimum.
- Required experience: Fundamental research experience in public equities or credit
- Required firm experience: Hedge fund, Asset manager, private equity fund, investment bank.
- Minimum years of relevant experience: 2 years
- Maximum overall experience: 5 years
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements are requested to please refrain from applying.
We are seeking to build a long-term home in our Dubai office for talented investment analysts. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of fundamental research experience. Preference will be given to candidates with buyside experience in public equities and / or some exposure to high yield credit analysis. The candidate will report to the fund’s portfolio managers and work with other analysts in a team culture designed to promote ideas and excellent performance. This is a junior role at the firm and the chosen candidate will be promoted to the position of a Senior Analyst in due course depending on performance.
Required skills and qualifications should include:
- experience conducting rigorous research on public or private companies
- ability to cover several sub-sectors and analyze financial statements
- strong analytical, financial modeling and communication skills (verbal & written)
- ability to produce sophisticated investment memorandums in Word and PowerPoint
- high attention to detail and deep critical thinking skills
- candidates with equity analysis and accounting backgrounds will be preferred.
- passion for markets, intensive company research and developing non-consensus views
Timing: Start by January 2022