HR Business Partner (UAEN Preferred )
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role holder will partner with business / function leaders to deliver the People Plan, aligned to the relevant global business / function People Plan and the Group People Strategy.
- Provide strategic guidance and partnership to business leaders, enabling delivery of the People Plan
- Provide local context and insights to the Global HR Business Partner for to facilitate local adoption of the global People Plan
- Identify, prioritise and develop organisational capabilities and behaviours to build a workforce that is future-ready
- Effectively partner with, challenge and influence business leaders to deliver the right outcomes on people-related decisions, focusing on key agenda items such as Diversity & Inclusion and Wellbeing
- Be a disruptor, driving culture change and delivering global and/or local change initiatives in
- Lead country People Forums for drive projects and deliverables that relate to People Plan
- Collaborate with Global HRBPs to deliver an adaptable, right-sized, right-shored operating model focused on improving productivity
- Provide advice on country-specific implications of OD activity and conduct reviews on key OD aspects to optimise the shape of the workforce
- I dentify areas for improvement in HR processes, providing feedback and escalating issues where appropriate to relevant COEs to enhance client experience and improve productivity within HR
People and Talent
- Develop and deploy an effective talent strategy to ensure high-quality succession pipelines exist for critical roles within [Business/Function]
- Play an active role in key talent decisions, including senior hiring
- Collaborate with colleagues within HR, including Global HRBPs, to facilitate internal movement of key talent
- Lead the team to deliver specific projects and deliverables, as determined by the HR scorecard
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including risk and control partners.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Understand and help manage the people-related risk profile , including operational and reputational risk, to Group Standards
- Provide oversight of complex employee relations issues involving senior people, significant litigation, and high profile or broad business issues
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct, as it relates to the role remit, to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations form part of the culture
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business Leaders in [Business/Function]
- HR CoE Teams
- ER Specialists
- HR Delivery Specialists
- Global HRBPs
- Government agencies (Federation of Unions, Ministry of Manpower/Labour)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and the Group's brand and values within the role's remit
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Degree or Professional Qualification
- License and Certifications/accreditations: Desirable - Professional certifications in HR
- Professional Memberships: Desirable - Membership with professional associations
- Languages: English, Arabic Preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .