Executive Director - Multinational Corporations (Chinese Desk) - UAE
- Market Rate
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 19 May 19
To manage and grow a portfolio of Chinese Multinational Corporations (MNCs) in Dubai & Abu Dhabi within the wider MNC UAE team part of Corporate & Investment Banking UAEA, target new MNC for on-boarding, improve service quality levels within the department, and supervise the subordinates’ (business unit) day-to-day activities and client interactions to ensure that the department’s objectives are constantly met and its revenue targets achieved, while maintaining client satisfaction and portfolio credit quality, in collaboration with Product and Credit partners.
The role has a strong business development content, whereby Chinese MNCs with significant activities or a regional HQ in the UAE must be identified & converted in order to grow revenues.
The role is primarily based in Dubai and requires some time to be spent in Abu Dhabi calling on Chinese MNCs with their base of operations in Abu Dhabi.
Client and Market Analysis:
- Conduct market research and identify Chinese MNC prospects with high potential / revenue wallet to target for onboarding;
- Participate in the financial analysis conducted on Chinese MNC clients and their respective industries/ markets to identify potential opportunities and risks.
Client Relationship Management:
- Manage a portfolio of Chinese MNC clients;
- Target Chinese MNC prospects;
- Originate new business opportunities with target Chinese MNC clients or prospects across banking products;
- Discuss all the CIB products with Chinese clients on an on-going basis to increase the client exposure to the bank’s full suite of products and services;
- Develop Term Sheet, Information Memorandum, financial modelling, mandate letter….etc;
- Examine & resolve credit, market and operational risk aspects of the transactions in collaboration with products and enablement units;
- Pitch, review , negotiate and conclude deals;
- Identify & develop cross-selling opportunities and increase the cross-sell ratio with key clients;
- Structure financial transactions and ensure the proper coordination with other departments/ sub-departments to achieve effective cross-selling of trade finance, treasury, cash management, corporate finance and consumer finance products & services;
- Ensure Key Account Plans are prepared and maintained for all key Chinese MNC clients - Swiftly follow-up on identified business opportunities;
- Maintain the credit quality of the clients relationships within the Portfolio to an acceptable level set by the Bank’s management;
- Lead pitches to win major mandates and support the wider team in their customer pitches;
- Achieve individual (and (contribute to team) financial performance targets;
- Ensure all clients’ files /documents are maintained;
- Ensure all credit reviews are submitted on time and agreed conditions are met;
- Maintain the credit quality of the client’s relationships within client group to an acceptable level set by the bank’s leadership team;
- Ensure that all internal processes for existing portfolio and NTBs are met in line with the Bank’s policies & procedures;
- Adhere to process KPI’s and Internal Audit requirements.
- Develop the strategy and business plan for Chinese MNCs in the UAE with the aim of increasing the Bank’s share of the target clients’ wallet by following a needs-based segmentation;
- Ensure effective communication & dissemination of the UAE Chinese MNCs strategy into other departments to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies regarding our business with Chinese MNCs.
- Assist the Business Head in the day-to-day administrative and transactional activities such as client calls, documentation follow up, updating pipeline, and any other activities in the unit/team to ensure continuity of work and the delivery of effective and high quality outputs;
- Manage and follow up on KYC and compliance requirements in order to ensure consistency with the Bank’s KYC and AML policies and regulatory requirements.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
- Follow all relevant policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner;
- Ensure that all internal processes for existing portfolio and NTBs are met in line with the Bank’s policies & procedures, compliance and regulatory requirements.
MIS and Reports:
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate statements and reports to meet the unit’s requirements, policies, and standards.
- Act as a role model and lead staff by example;
- Manage performance, developing and motivating staff.
Learning & Development:
- Attend appropriate on and off-the-job training programs and ensure development and skill upgradation of team members.
- Maintain strong internal relations and collaborate with Product partners to maximize cross-selling opportunities;
- Ensure high quality interaction and inputs with credit on the portfolio;
- Develop service level targets and manage the coordination with other departments to meet client service expectations.
Product Maintenance and Enhancement:
- Report client feedback and identified service needs to the Head of CIB Dubai and assist the latter in improving the department’s value proposition to maintain the Bank’s competitive status and meet client needs.
- Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Where applicable, ensure that all portfolio reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet Business Head requirements, policies and quality standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 12+ years relevant experience in the banking sector with at least 2 years in a similar position covering Chinese MNCs in the UAE market;
- Some managerial responsibilities held in a previous role is an advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related discipline;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration is preferred;
- Knowledge of the banking sector, and FAB’s products and business strategies;
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities;
- Excellent Communication skills;
- Perfect command of Mandarin.