The Director, Internal Audit, has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit function. The position is responsible for ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across the business and financial operations. Works to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimizing the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance of the company.
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Perform Internal controls assessments of acquired companies or joint venture companies and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies;
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary.
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
- Attract, hire, and retain a team of high-performing audit professionals who possess outstanding knowledge, experience, ethics, and integrity.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline; CIA, ACCA, etc. highly preferred
- 10+ years of Audit experience in Audit with at least 4 years in a Head of capacity; Audit experience in a digital bank is essential
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Exceptional leadership skills
*ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE JOB REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR NEXT STEPS*