Delivery Excellence Leader
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloud Labs delivers expertise in innovative design, implementation, training, and support for IBM Software products. The team included highly skilled consultants, with broad architectural knowledge and deep technical skills. The specialists on the team get called on to deliver successful outcomes to client projects. IBM Cloud Labs team is the first to use new IBM Software products in the field, enabling IBM customers to realise expected business benefits sooner.
IBM Cloud Labs offer IBM customers a range of skills to ensure their complex projects are a success.
The Delivery Excellence Leader (DEL)
role is a role across Hybrid Cloud/Garage/Blockchain services, which has overall delivery, customer satisfaction and financial performance responsibility for the MEA Region. This leader will align directly with MEA Cloud Services Director to drive Customer Satisfaction and Financial Performance Excellence. The DEL will have financial ownership/accountability related to achieving regional revenue, margin, and financial performance. Essential Job Responsibilities
- Strategize and continuously improve the quality of Cloud services proposals and contracts. This includes:
- Reviewing all services proposals to ensure proper project planning and risk mitigation. This is in addition to making sure that all dependencies are very well articulated.
- Reviewing all proposal staffing plans and ensuring adequacy for delivery.
- Reviewing project milestones and cash flow, and ensuring that best practices are being followed.
- Reviewing contract terms & conditions, and ensuring that they are in-line with IBM standards.
- Sign off the services proposals/contracts for EBU leadership approval for release.
- Should be able strategize and plan Continuous Service/delivery Improvement for the region/service line and drive the same. Ensure quality standards are adhered to and documented processes are followed in day-to-day activities; conduct periodic reviews of the quality processes and implement corrective actions as appropriate. Has a thorough understanding of the key performance indicators and metrics for the business and manages them to successful levels on a consistent basis.
- Act as a Project Sponsor for large projects and programs, Interface with customer project stakeholders, including C-level management and directors, to elicit business and functional requirements
- Takes ownership of project success by proactively directing, mentoring and coaching as needed to raise the bar on project delivery quality. Effective project leadership demonstrating an understanding of project management practices and principles (triple constraints, risks/issues management, best practices, etc.)
- Serves as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolves conflicts involving project priorities, resources, and/or contractual issues with the customer. Demonstrate the ability to quickly understand a business situation; make a good judgment and prompt decision to facilitate expedition of resolutions and navigate to successful outcomes
- Works collaboratively with other IBM units(i.e. Development Project Managers, Product Management, Support, Operations, sales teams etc.) to properly leverage resources to address customer needs. Builds positive working relationships/partnerships to be a trusted advisor/partner with:
- sales organization/regional team
- local/EBU lab services teams
- practice managers and BU leaders
- customers, and is recognized by the customer as the delivery executive responsible for the ensuring overall delivery excellence
- Ensure client success on IBM Cloud Labs projects and maintain excellent relationship with customers to pave the way for more signings/revenue.
- Promptly respond to critsits and customer asks ensuring customer satisfaction
- Client Experience performance, achieving an IBM corporate NPS score of 80.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 15+ years of experience in Professional Services, Consulting and Project Management experience with extensive customer interface
- 5 years in the Cloud technology field and cloud managed services implementations.
- An 'action orientation' and 'sense of urgency' in service delivery and everyday activities.
- Ability to travel 50% time or as needed by the business.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Same as above
About Business Unit
Fueled by cognitive technologies, more than 150 SaaS offerings, and real-time insights, the Global Markets team delivers embedded expertise to help our clients make better decisions and deliver innovation as they engage with their customers, partners and suppliers. Join us to continue to drive innovation with the most comprehensive portfolio for enterprises across industries.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.