Deals, Transaction Services - Senior Associate - FDD
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services Deals Valuation practice, within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You'll tackle client's needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you'll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
Our team helps organisations unlock greater deal value by providing robust value opinions and transaction model business advisory. As a part of the team, you'll research financial risks, provide forecast analysis, and develop financial models that assists our team in providing fair and accurate valuation advice and ultimately helps our clients enhance their deal value.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the purpose of due diligence, and the distinction between audit, DD, corporate finance and valuation work.
- Following a brief introduction to an assignment by a senior team member, displays an understanding of the link between the key deal drivers/risks and the scope of work, and applies this understanding to his/her analysis by focusing on the scope, deliverables and ultimate objectives. Can clearly articulate why a particular piece of analysis is of importance. Capable of taking responsibility for defined areas of a scope, to include development of analysis, preparation of questions for target management, and participation in meetings with management.
- Shows an awareness of materiality in developing analysis and preparing questions.
- Begins to demonstrate innovative ideas for useful analysis and presentation styles.
- Adopts a skeptical mindset and common sense in equal measure in establishing the underlying drivers of balances or movements, refusing to accept explanations which make little sense.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the attributes of good report writing and is capable of drafting straightforward slides.
- Takes responsibility for managing their own time and outputs based on the broader engagement timeline.
- Consults with senior team members where necessary, but is willing to offer an opinion or proposed solution where practical.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or other related major
- Should be a qualified CA/ACCA or equivalent (or studying towards this qualification)
- You will have an outstanding academic record from a well-recognized institution
- 3+ years' experience in a financial due diligence or audit