Deals, Transaction Services - Financial Due Diligence - Financial Services - Manager
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Financial Due Diligence practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team assist organisations with both buy side and sell side due diligence. As part of our team, you'll help us provide both corporate and financial buyers with peace of mind by analysing and validating all the financial, commercial, operational and strategic assumptions being made. Responsibilities:
- Provide solutions (through deal documents or deal structure) to identified issues; take into consideration client and target attributes.
- Identify potential issues and suggest amendments to the legal and financial
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of current accounting standards that could impact the transaction (e.g., IFRS, carve-outs) in order to develop thorough assessments of issues identified through research, analysis and consultation with technical experts.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively assess/analyze client valuation models and provide meaningful feedback that impacts transaction pricing and/or purchase/sale agreement.
- Demonstrate basic gravitas at client/target meetings and confidently communicates deal issues and respond to client queries
- Demonstrate highly competent report writing skills with coherent thoughts, logical flow, excellent English and requiring minimal editing by superiors.
- Explain the earnings, cash flows and transaction pricing implications of "one-off" or non-recurring matters and demonstrate an understanding of planned synergies and additional resource requirements (e.g., identifies standalone costs) impacting the client's deal pricing decisions.
- Education: You will have an outstanding academic record from a well-recognized institution, preferably having a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance or related field. Having or working towards a Chartered Accountancy/Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Financial Analyst is also preferred.
- Experience: Individuals with 4-5 years' experience in audit or due diligence (minimum 3 years), investment banking, financial/management consulting, or private equity will be preferred. Individuals with experience from Big 4 firms is a plus.
- Skills: You should have good communication, strong project management and report writing skills, fluency in English and have excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. A self-starter with commercial acumen and business insight and have strong understanding of the deal environment.
- Demonstrates a proven thorough level of abilities and success, as both an individual contributor and team member, with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; and, managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
- Good business writing and Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- A flexible working style
- Interpersonal skills (lead teams, mentoring and developing staff, confident interacting with clients and management)
- Strong communication skills (questioning and listening skills)
- Ex perience and knowledge across the Financial Services is advantageous
As a Manager within Financial Due Diligence you will be involved in
- Analysing financial and non-financial business information;
- Identifying and understanding key drivers of a business and potential deal breakers (financial and non-financial);
- Writing financial due diligence (buy-side, sell-side or refinancing) reports for our corporate, banking and private equity clients;
- Sharing your experience and developing other team members through the deal process
- Understanding the processes in due diligence work including dealing with risk management processes and procedures
- Interaction with senior levels of Management, and exposure to business owners to understand areas such as historical and projected business performance, wider commercial issues, etc
- Development of internal and external networks, and adopting a business development mindset