Compliance & Ethics - Investigations
Title: Compliance & Ethics - Investigations
About the Company:
Oracle is the world's largest provider of enterprise software and a leading provider of computer hardware products and services that are engineered to work together in the cloud and in the data center. We are a leader in the core technologies of cloud computing, including database and middleware as well as web-based applications, virtualization, clustering and large-scale systems management. We provide cloud services as well as software and hardware products to other cloud service providers, both public and private. Oracle database and middleware software, applications software and hardware systems-including computer server, storage and networking products-are the building blocks of our own cloud services, our partners' cloud services and our customers' private cloud environments. Our customers can subscribe to use select Oracle software and hardware products through our cloud offerings, or purchase our software and hardware products and related services to build their own private cloud or on-premise information technology (IT) environments. Our strategy is to deliver reliable and scalable products and services that are built upon industry standards and are engineered to work together or independently. We also pursue new or emerging growth opportunities in order to maintain technology leadership. Offering customers a choice in how they use our products and services-while maintaining enterprise-grade reliability, security and interoperability-is important to our corporate strategy.
About the Oracle Compliance & Ethics Program:
Collaborate across the company to develop policies and programs that help employees and Oracle business partners to avoid unethical conduct and to comply with the law.
Develop and provide communications and training on Oracle policies and programs for employees and business partners.
Verify and enforce compliance with Oracle policies and programs.
Hold Oracle employees and business partners accountable for violation of Oracle policies.
Audit and enhance the effectiveness of Oracle's compliance program.
About the Position:
• Perform independent forensic reviews under the auspices of Oracle's Legal Compliance & Ethics program. Organize, plan, and execute on all aspects of an investigation, including scoping, detailed test work, data analysis, electronic forensics, interviewing, reporting, and assisting with management remediation efforts.
• Perform reviews in accordance with Oracle's Compliance and Ethics Program Investigation Guidelines, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners' Code of Professional Ethics, and the Institute of Internal Auditors Practice Guide on Internal Auditing and Fraud.
• Analyze complex business, legal, and financial processes.
• Promote an ethical corporate environment through training and leading process/policy enhancements.
• Identify areas of compliance risk, business control/process issues and work collaboratively with business partners to find solutions.
• Work collaboratively with internal and external subject matter experts.
• Key skills and abilities include project management, influencing, facilitation, process development, analysis, and problem solving.
• Minimum 3-4 years Investigation/Forensic Audit/Compliance experience and BA/BS or Legal degree.
• CFE, CPA, SCCE, CA, CIA certifications, fraud auditing and/or Legal/Compliance experience.
• Prior experience with/knowledge of Compliance & Ethics investigations, FCPA and UK Bribery Act.
• Strong presentation and communication skills (written and oral) in English are essential.
• Advanced interviewing skills are desirable.
• Experience conducting international investigations and ability to travel, as required (estimated travel 10-30%).
• Additional language skills (Arabic).
• Experience working with computer-aided auditing, continuous monitoring and data analytic tools (ACL, IDEA, Excel PowerPivot).
• Experience with software/hardware accounting and business processes highly desirable.
• Prior experience with electronic discovery, collection procedures and data review tools (Clearwell/Relativity).
• Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values.
• Practical and creative problem analysis and resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and prioritize work as needed to meet business requirements.
• A high level of passion, self-motivation and commitment to team objectives. Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides independent internal audit and forensic investigation support, covering Oracle's global operations. Reviews focus on evaluating adequacy, effectiveness and compliance with risk management and governance processes, policies and procedures and key internal controls.
General internal audit responsibilities include: - Assist in performing periodic enterprise and business process risk assessments to help ensure key business risks are properly identified and mitigated by management. - Participate as a team member in performing independent assessments of Oracle's global business processes to ensure that they meet management's business objectives while mitigating significant risks. Focus is on, but not limited to, overall risk management and governance, general business processes/policies/controls, technology infrastructure and deployment, legal and regulatory compliance, and fraud risks. Responsibilities include: 1. Draft and ensure completion of audit scope, programs, questionnaires, reports and memorandums for assigned audits. 2. Assist in assessment of the adequacy and compliance with Oracle policies and business practices (financial/operational/IT/compliance-focused). 3. Assist in reviewing operational structure for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Utilize benchmarking analysis and other KPIs to evaluate Oracle business processes and controls. 4. Assist in coordinating the timely development of management action plans to mitigate identified risks and to facilitate improvement opportunities. 5. Assist in performing quarterly assessments of management action plan completion to ensure proper risk mitigation. - Other responsibilities include: participating in department infrastructure and improvement activities, training sessions and special projects, as needed. For forensic audit responsibilities, see Additional Details section below for applicability.
* 4+ years of Audit/Consulting experience and BA/BS degree * CISA, CISSP, CFE, CPA, CA, CIA certifications * Strong communication skills are essential * Additional language skills are a plus * Experience working with computer-aided auditing, continuous monitoring and data analytic tools (ACL, IDEA, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) * Experience with software/hardware accounting and business processes highly desirable * Travel Requirement: 10-30% As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).