Compliance Officer - Dubai [Associate / Senior Associate]
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Singapore
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
This position is responsible for onboarding of new clients. The successful candidate is expected to be knowledgeable in AML principles to be able to analyse situations to identify gaps and risks in KYC information and documentation, and to be able to work well within a team and yet take initiative and ownership over his/her own area of work.
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Compliance Officer!
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
• Review and approval of KYC information and documentation for onboarding of new clients in an efficient and timely manner
• Liaise with relationship managers / business managers for deficiencies of KYC information and documentation for onboarding
• Assist in implementation of new measures and procedures
• Collation of statistics
• To assist on ad-hoc tasks assigned
Work Experience Requirements:
• At least 3 to 6 years’ experience in AML and client onboarding in a private banking environment with minimum 2-3 years in the DIFC environment
• Knowledgeable and sensitive to the risks involved in onboarding various types of private banking clients, including complex structures like trusts, foundations, and private investment companies
• Experience in investigating suspicious transactions would be beneficial
• Familiar with excel and preparation of statistics for reporting
• Strong analytical and report writing skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Candidate must be a meticulous, willing to learn and team player individual.
• University degree
• Candidates with related AML Qualifications such as ICT Diploma in AML and/or ACAMS will have an added advantage.