The incumbent will assist the Business Manager to support the front office related activities within the business area. This role helps in ensuring the Branch is managed as per the bank’s governance framework
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Business Analyst!
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Business Management and Risk
- Single point contact for relationship team & Singapore team to consolidate required closure with Market Head on the ongoing and outstanding issues
- Works as the primary coordinator for the adherence to the sales and suitability policy/procedures (including representing Branch in the relevant forums)
- Assisting market head in follow-up of relevant operational and business risk matters
- Ensuring timely training for the Business team on compliance, risk management, sales policy and business operations are organised.
- Assisting BM/SEO in organizing events and updating RMs on Regulatory matters on a regular basis.
- Work closely with local Business Risk Management team for effective surveillance of staff for compliance with BOS Sales Policy, Cross Border Marketing guidelines, Fair Dealing Code and other local policies and procedure.
- Reviewing the Risk Moderator for the branch to ensure timely escalation
Operational and Risk Controls (ORP)
- Acts as the coordinator between the Risk management and the Branch in ensuring all the policies and procedures are duly implemented for the branch.
- Works with the Branch ORP in ensuring the Operational Risk framework is duly adhered for the Branch including:
- Insurance coverage,
- Business continuity,
- Operational Risk Events,
- Risk and Control Self Assessments,
- Outsourcing Management
- Technology and Cyber Risk Management
- Fraud Risk management
- Perform incident reporting for physical, operational risk events and other related matters
- Responsible for the periodic reporting, representing in various risk forums and governance forums.
Transformation / BCM
- Key stakeholder in coordinating, representing GSAM Dubai in all strategic projects/transformation projects including but not limited to ensuring fair participation from front office
- Work with stakeholders in issue resolution including usage of JIRA/Glitch reports as appropriate and ensuring these are raised timely, tracked and resolved.
- Assist in resolving issues on onboarding clients, addressing Compliance and enabling speedy account opening and back end Operations processing.
- Perform as a back-up for the BCM role which is continuously being evolved to ensure stronger First Line adherence to the Bank’s policies/procedures related to AML
- Follow up with RM on overdue periodic reviews
- Following up on Outstanding Mantas alerts and STR’s with a view to ensure the Business are fully complied with.
- Assists in coordinating audit reviews in a timely manner
- Works on remediation of audit issues in a coordinated manner to ensure timely update on the audit closure items.
- Reviews processes and ensures these meet the Bank and audit standards and raise issues in advance to assist management in identifying and resolving the same.
- Assist in running the day-to-day of the Branch including but not limited to general Branch administrative requirements.
- Liaison with SG CRES for the branch requirements and implementation
- Perform the Physical security assessment and ensure that vendor management is adhered to for the branch (including Vendor and third-party risk management reviews) and inventory management
- Reviewing the Outsourcing arrangements and the SLAs and ensuring these are annually reviewed and agreed.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of branch related documents (licenses, vendor agreements, POAs)
- Experience in business management and project management skills
- Understanding of Banking processes and procedures within Private Banking & Wealth Management
- A driven self-starter who is delivery focused and possesses strong communication, influencing, solution-oriented and presentation skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to various demands in a diverse culture with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in multi-functional set-up with strong communication skills