The Role Responsibilities General Responsibilities
- Supporting the SBE Head MENA and CCIB Client Coverage Head, MENA to manage and co-ordinate the execution of operational and strategic deliverables of the CCIB Client Coverage business in the cluster and thus contributing to the overall deliverables for the Region.
- Perform analysis to assess and present all aspects of the business' performance
- Co-ordinate the CCIB Client Coverage business' delivery of various bank initiatives
- Prepare presentations on various aspects of CCIB Client Coverage business activities
The role involves a combination of routine, project and ad-hoc work. Specific areas of responsibility will include:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Business Performance (Revenue and Returns)
- Conduct analysis of Revenues and Returns for Segments/Products/Clients/RMs
- Preparation of performance presentations for various stakeholders
- Tracking of performance to budget and identifying risks and opportunities to delivering the targeted business performance
- Analysis and reporting on the CCIB deal pipeline
- Business Administration
- Co-ordination of internal communications, CCIB Client Coverage headcount management, budgeting procedures
- Consolidation, review and refinement of information required from various stakeholders
- Maintenance of various administrative elements: Org Charts, Distribution Lists, Trackers, etc
- Co-ordination of the reviews of CCIB Client Coverage credentials and other marketing material
- Co-ordination of staff training programmes and initiatives
- Engagement with Business Support Functions / Product Areas
- Product: Analyse and review Product performance data and reports
- Credit: Analyse Credit Process Improvement data, review Credit-related reports for distribution or comment
- Audit: Maintenance of Audit Exception Tracker, assist with audit readiness preparation
- IMO: Review of CCIB related performance measures
- Private Banking: Manage the Private Banking Referral Tracker (where relevant)
- Alignment and Accountability
- Analyse and report on Conduct metrics
- Oversee Account Plan execution within renewal timelines
- Support the tail management and client offboarding process
- Other activities
- Risk Reports: assist with the preparation of the various risk committee papers, reporting requirements (regulatory or otherwise), and other risk. credit related submissions as required by the Cluster Head or the Regional SBE Head.
- Any other activity as required by the Group or Region to be delivered to support the CCIB Cluster / Country Head's targets or Regional SBE teams' deliverables from time to time.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CCIB Client Coverage team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Cluster and Country Management Team (CEO, CFO, Business Heads, Functions Heads, etc.)
- AME CCIB Client Coverage Management Team (Regional, Segment and Country Heads)
About Standard Chartered
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
- Strategy and Business Model (SIF)
- Market Knowledge (SIF)
- Products and Processes
- Business Partnering
- Manage Projects
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers