About Our Client
Our client is a multi-billion dollar AUM, UAE headquartered principal investment business with private equity style global investments - they are regulated in the UAE and USA.
Fuelled by growth, our client is looking to add a head to their Group Finance team - the role will report into the VP of Corporate Investments who reports directly to the Group CFO.
The Corporate Finance Associate will assist in business modelling & analysis, valuations, investment structures, maintaining the group's operating model, shareholder value creation, providing support on live transactions and more. It is therefore essential that the candidate has strong financial modelling skills from a valuation, investment domicile, and operating model perspective.
A summary of responsibilities are:
- Updating the long-term corporate financial model based on the Group's long-term investment strategies, annual investment plan and corporate expenditure forecasts
- Assisting in all aspects of the Group's capital raising efforts such as Group valuation, preparation of shareholder information memorandum, maintaining data warehouse content, preparing responses to due diligence questions, etc.
- Assisting in the investment valuations process as part of the annual Group audit
- Updating the Group's track record used in investor pitch books and other marketing documents
- Monitoring and analyzing the Group's fee economics in relation to transaction fees, management fees and performance fees and calculating fee rebates to investors
- Monitoring and analyzing the Group's investment income
- Preparing weekly cashflow reports for Senior Management and assisting in overseeing the Group's Treasury function
- Accounting and reporting (including preparing distribution waterfalls) of carried interest and staff co-investment special purpose vehicles
- Preparing ad hoc analyses for special projects as requested by Senior Management
The Successful Applicant
The candidate will therefore:
- Be a graduate from a top tier University in Accounting/ Finance/ Economics
- Have 3 to 5 years of experience in Transaction Advisory or Corporate Finance preferably within the Big 4 or similar role within a private equity / principal investment firm
- Have a CFA/ ACA/ ACCA or equivalent
- Have strong financial modelling skills - Valuation, Waterfall, LBO, DCF and more as appropriate to fulfil the above responsibilities
- Have strong communication skills - the ability to synthesise information and present succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Have strong stakeholder management skills
- Be able to function independently as well as in a team
- Have a high level of integrity
What's on Offer
Globally competitive pay & excellent exposure
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MP27409Z