Analyst for Investment Team
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Feb 19
Analyst required to join the Investment Team of a private investment company managing a global multi-asset class portfolio.
Key responsibilities are:
- Assist in the analysis, research and due diligence of potential investment opportunities across all parts of the portfolio (listed equity, fixed income, hedge-funds and illiquid investments);
- Assist with in-depth due diligence on external fund managers/investment products;
- Maintain the Investment Team’s database of investments and fund managers;
- Conduct and maintain market mapping to identify potentially attractive active fund managers;
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reporting/analysis on different parts of the portfolio e.g. performance, valuation, risk, sentiment, use quantitative and statistical methods to analyse data sets and investments;
- Participate pro-actively and constructively to improve the effectiveness of the Investment Team e.g. by improving analysis techniques, reporting, models, procedures etc.
The company is based in Dubai.
- The role will best suit a candidate with two to three years of experience of similar work in a financial services environment, candidates with 0 – 5 years’ experience will be considered.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, risk, statistics, or a similar discipline;
- Prior experience of quantitative investment analysis at a security and portfolio level;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel at spreadsheet level including Macros, VBA etc along with a working knowledge of useful programming languages/software e.g R, Matlab etc.;
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and Fund analysis software e.g. Morningstar
- Good verbal and written communication skills; and
- Intellectual curiosity and professional inquisitiveness.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will consider only applications that include resumes/cover letters that include your current salary.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.