Administrative Assistant | AF Watches & Jewellery | Dubai
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Al Futtaim Group
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Administrative Assistant | AF Watches & Jewellery | Dubai
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You'll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The Administration Assistant is responsible for providing operational and administration support to the Jewellery department and will supervise the jewellery workshop activites.
- Perform administrative support to ensure daily operations are maintain in an effective up to date and accurate manner
- Prepares and updates the Monthly Sales Report and Store wise Discount Reports
- Prepares Custom Duty Letter for Import clearance from Customs
- Prepares detailed product description in excel based on supplier's Pro-Forma Invoice.
- Compile Jewellery adverts and files the Advertising invoices, Supplier correspondence, etc.
- Filling of STOs, Manual Delivery Order, Selling Price Calculation + Supplier
- Arrange for appointments and meetings, telephone screening and e-mail correspondences
- Handles all other inquiries from Stores, customers and liase with the BM/WS
- Physically checks the stocks against shipment Invoice or STO
- Tagging and distribution of stocks to stores as per BM's supervision
- Prepares Stock Transfer Order in SAP from Head Office to Stores and log the STO reference to the driver's logbook.
- Printing of price tags based on BM's format and physically tags each products.
Cash Handling (Petty Cash):
- Responsible for the Petty Cash flow of the Jewellery Dept.
- Prepares monthly Petty Cash Statement through SAP for reimbursement
Workshop Supervision & Support:
- Staff Supervision
- Responsible for supervising the staff in the workshop and ensuring that they manufacture, repair, do settings based on the quality standards.
- Responsible for communicating to the workers the exact requirements as per the Job Order issued.
- Responsible for issuing job cards to the goldsmith/s and stone setter/s, deciding estimates for jobs according to due date.
- Ultimately responsible for the quality of work produced by the workers as per the standard product quality.
- Performs administrative support for the Workshop
- Logs the outgoing Job Order for the Stores as per the supervision of the Workshop Supervisor
- Receives and acknowledge Job Order from the Stores through the driver's logbook and physically check the quantity indicated in the Job Order
Workshop Inventory Control
- Responsible for receiving stocks, storing them safely and issuing them as per manufacturing requirements ensuring that at no time there is loss, wastage or damage.
- Receive stock of raw material comprising of gold bars, diamonds and other precious and semi-precious stones.
- Responsible for issuing raw material daily to the workers and overseeing the gold melting process, ensuring that the material is handled safely with no loss or damage.
- Needs to have good understanding of stone quality, check for flaw, grade as per cuts, sizes, weight and store the raw material safely.
- Provide all customers with high level of customer service by adequately understanding their specific requirements and to offer advice accordingly.
- Ensures that customers get the best service from the workshop in terms of product quality, after sales service and delivery lead time.
- Liaise with the JM/BM with specific product requirements for production.
- Ensure the set standards of quality and brand identity are applied by the suppliers and in-house Jewellery
- Liaises with BM to develop product line-up.
- Test the samples for compliance to design brief and quality of execution.
- Quality controlling on products manufactured
- Job Order process of customer orders from the stores and walk-in customers
- Calculates quotation on the job requirement for BM's approval on RSP & GM
- Prepares Sales Order and article/PO
- Process the Job Order for repairs, re-sizing, re-designing, re-stringing or pearls etc of customer owned jewelry purchased from AFJ. Setting of loose diamonds purchased in AFJ in gold mounts i.e. ring, earring or pendants.
- Process the Job Order for production of customised order
To be successfully considered for this role, you must be educated with at least 2 years experience woking in an office environment within Jewellery industry. You must be highly organized and quick learner, strong interpersonal skills and able to work under pressure. Proficiency in MS office applications & intermediate knowledge of MS Excel would be preferred.
- Reports to Retail Operations Manager
- Band D
- Work Level 1
- You must have been an Al-Futtaim employee for at least 18 months in order to be considered
- You must inform your HRBP in confidence of your application
- Please note that this vacancy may be advertised externally in the next week so apply without delay