Accounting Consulting Services - Manager - Dubai
Job Description & Summary
We currently have opportunities for technically strong and highly motivated Manager with a proven track record of high quality delivery of IFRS technical advice to clients or internally. We would like to hear from Managers with a wide variety of technical experience in applying IFRS, especially in conversion projects and providing accounting advice on complex transactions. Responsibilities:
- You will be required to possess strong communication and interpersonal skills as the role requires delivering complex advice in a clear and understandable manner to engagement teams and, where required, clients.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in IFRS developments and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- Provide timely, high quality, well documented, consistent advice on consultations under IFRS.
- Perform timely, high quality, well documented, IFRS Financial statement reviews. Assist Assurance engagement teams and their clients in preparing high quality IFRS financial statements and provide technically correct accounting solutions. Quality remains our top priority and in doing financial statements reviews and consultations we aim to provide consistent advice on accounting matters within the Middle East and from a global perspective.
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within the Global Accounting Consulting Services ( "GACS") network.
- Working with the Assurance colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on complex IFRS issues as well as with wider GACS network where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- As a Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, and competency development, including supporting the delivery of annual IFRS Update Training
- The role sits within the Global ACS which is a virtual network operating in approximately 45 countries, comprising approximately 125 partners and 245 consultants. Its primary objective is to facilitate and promote the consistent application and interpretation of IFRS throughout the PwC network of firms combining a central technical team and territory/regional technical functions. The role will involve providing IFRS accounting advice to the Assurance practice and will enable the candidate to develop deep knowledge and expertise in IFRS. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider GACS network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting or Finance.
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role - ACCA or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS and financial reporting, experience of implementing IFRS, conversions to IFRS from other reporting frameworks.
- Experience in specialist technical accounting advice and support on accounting for proposed and actual transactions.
- Passion for continuous professional development, keeping up-to-date with IFRS developments and dealing with cutting-edge technical issues.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual speakers will have an advantage.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide.