VP Credit - FI / NBFI
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
To manage a team of Analyst in preparing, reviewing and getting approval for FI & NBFI credit facilities.
Job Specific Accountabilities
• Deep understanding of FI market across various geographies
• Understanding of NBFI market in general and GCC market in particular in terms of macro environment, business model, familiarity with top players in respective markets, various credit products for NBFI , various liability products / opportunities etc
• Continually ensure that best in class FI & NBFI Credit Policies and Programs are in place
• Ensure consistent application of FI & NBFI credit policy, credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers
• Develop Target Market Risk Acceptance Criteria for various FI & NBFI Segments
• Develop Internal rating methodology for various NBFI Segments
• Understand various regulatory developments in FI & NBFI domain across Presence geographies and focus non presence countries
• In depth understanding of various treasury products – FX, Derivatives / Repo / TRS etc usually offered to FI & NBFI clients
• Guides the structuring of various FI & NBFI credit facilities, ensuring that all deals are structured in a sound and robust manner.
• Oversees the due diligence process for prospective deals and ensures that emerging risk factors are identified and addressed by the Term Sheets and Credit Memoranda developed by the Credit team.
• Ensures availability of timely and required information to Credit Committee members (and other credit approvers) for credit decision making.
• Ensures strict compliance to SLA/ TAT for various Trade and treasury related transactions
• Works very closely with FI / NBFI team to understand their requirements and ensure optimal risk –reward for the bank
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics / Business/ Commerce or related discipline. MBA will be preferred
- 10 years’ relevant experience in the banking sector with at least 7 years in similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in the FI / NBFI Credit function.