See job description for details
Now it's your time to join the #1 bank in the Middle East and one of the most prestigious financial companies in the region. Shaking up the world of banking requires a lot of smarts and skill. We're looking for the brightest and best to help us reach our goals and we'll also help you reach yours. Your success is our success as you grow stronger in your career. Join us and leave a legacy of your own, as a pioneer in both the company and the industry.
Job Description JOB PURPOSE:
The purpose of the job is to handle all financial matters within the Consumer Banking UAE Segments (Elite, Mass, Dubai First). The role plays a key position in providing support and in-depth business insights and information to support strategic business decisions to grow revenues/returns and maintain strong cost management. The job holder acts as a strategic finance business partner to the Consumer Banking segment Heads and will be responsible for the supporting the strategy development, budgeting, and performance measurement and ensuring strong financial control and reporting standards are applied to meet the businesses overall strategic objectives.
To interact with, discuss and influence business outcomes with senior business personnel, the role will need to understand in relative depth, products and market contexts of the businesses to influence and manage the rollout of the Consumer Banking UAE strategy.
The role will in partnership with Group finance, business and technology partners drive the systems implementation and UAT of relevant Finance projects. Also, to manage and mentor a team of junior staff. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: This section shall not be customised to reflect accountabilities which may be unique to one role. Please use Section 5 to capture any accountabilities specific to the role which are over and above those mentioned in this section. Finance Business Partner
• Finance Business Partner for Consumer Banking UAE. To be the trusted finance advisor on business performance and strategic issues
• Act as the Finance representative on all necessary business management forums for CB UAE.
• Review financials and provide objective, value added commentary and insight for the business Advisory
• Advisory to Consumer Banking UAE units for new/ existing products, processes and business arrangements relating to financial & regulatory reporting compliance
• Identify the key risks, particularly financial, within the Business and co-ordinate with Risk dept to have appropriate risk mitigation plans in place. Ensure that risks are incorporated into the business planning and strategy phases.
• Act as central person for Group Finance functions on matters associated with CB UAE: Financial and Regulatory Reporting, Group Treasury, Financial Performance Management and Analysis, Tax, Financial Control.
• Work with Group Treasury on any FTP, Balance sheet capital and liquidity matters impacting the CB UAE business Planning, MI Reporting, Analysis
• Support the formulation of the CB UAE Segments annual budget
• Drive with Group the annual Budget setting, monitor financial performance versus Budget, monitor projects/initiatives, key ratios, and update the SVP of Business Finance and Business heads on performance gaps with proposals on how to improve performance.
• Lead regular performance review with the business heads
• Review the budgets for key strategic projects and change management initiatives for CB UAE and to ensure budgets are effectively managed and monitored across teams.
• Actively monitor performance and use MIS to enhance performance and aid strategic decision making, manage areas of under-performance
• Ensure accurate and timely MI reporting to assist business partners and management in decision making with detailed analysis - covering revenue, costs, balance sheet, AUMs and key ratios
• Liaison with Group FP&A to ensure accurate product/line of business for upstream data integrity CB UAE Strategy / Projects
• In conjunction with SVP Head of Business Finance, and working closely with CB Strategy department to lead the formulation and implementation of the CB UAE strategic plan, balanced scorecards in line with the business short, medium, and long term objectives.
• Contribute and support in the development and expansion of the CB UAE strategy and ensure effective integration. Finance Risk control
• Assessing and ensuring transparency in the financial performance of the business divisions, and ensuring that disclosure of our financial performance meets regulatory requirements and corporate governance standards.
• Manage external and internal audits, ensure that all audit findings are successfully closed with recommendations implemented.
• Ensure that all internal processes and infrastructures are robust and effective taking into consideration effective risk management and controls. Continuous Improvement
• Embrace the culture of customer-centric and high performance culture within FAB CB UAE & Group Finance
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems (automation of MIS reporting), processes, policies (policy gap closure) and practices while taking into account FAB Group practices, international leading best practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity improvement. People Management
• Actively engage and influence internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain effective business relationships
• Cross-train and develop staff to achieve efficient resource utilization and deployment.
• Contribute to creation of a high performance culture and engage team through effective collaboration.
• Motivate and coach staff to ensure high levels of discipline, accuracy, performance and technical ability. Job Context Specific Accountability
• Proper management of operational risks and losses
• Support FAB CB UAE strategies and initiatives
• Successful delivery of KPIs
• Adherence to financial budgets
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE: Knowledge & Experience
• A tertiary qualification with minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in similar capacity.
• Qualified accountant or equivalent with demonstrable experience of working within a finance function in a substantial business
• Direct experience in leading Financial control and MI strongly preferred.
• Familiar with banking industry practices, guidelines and code of conduct.
• Able to engage at senior management level with peers and stakeholders.
• Proficient in all Finance rules and guidelines. Skills
• Ability to deal with people from different cultures and nationalities
• Aligned with Corporate values (Knowledgeable, Adaptable, Collaborative, Enterprising, Responsible)
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical, conflict resolution, project management and problem solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task, attentive to details, proactive and flexible.
• Result oriented and able to perform and deliver under pressure within tight timeline.
• Strong business orientation combined with optimization and cost focus
• Team player and open personality
• Robust and persistent
• Integrity and high ethical and professional standards