- The job holder is responsible for growing the portfolio by soliciting new to banks clients and maintaining existing portfolio under the manufacturing segment in co-ordination with the Line Manager.
- The role holder is also responsible for ensuring collaboration with Client Service and Product teams to maximise the returns.
- Identify and acquire new manufacturing clients in line with approved segment strategies to grow the portfolio to generate revenue in line with Segment’s Growth aspiration.
- Maintain & manage an assigned portfolio with existing Mfg clients to retain & grow their banking relationships in a profitable manner in line with Segment’s Growth aspiration.
- Understand and analyse the requirements of the Mfg clients and provides sophisticated solutions based on their needs in order to build a strong client base in turn contribution to the increase in the wallet share from these clients.
- Develop excellent relationships with all levels including Senior Management of Mfg Clients & actively participate in the meetings.
- Making regular visits to clients for both monitoring and business generation purposes. Such visits to be recorded by way of business call reports which are to include all pertinent information in a timely manner.
- Negotiate appropriate credit lines with Mfg Clients to assess the credit requirement in conformity with the Bank’s Credit Policy and underwriting standards and risk adjusted returns after thorough analysis of information necessary for the preparation of a detailed credit proposal.
Industry and Sector Knowledge
- Keep abreast of developments in the local business environment to understand the positive or negative developments and impact to Manufacturing Segment in UAE.
- Maintain healthy relationship with UAE based Free Zones, Associations, Local Banks and External Auditors to gather various type of information to facilitate business and market intellect.
- Annual Individual financial and New to Bank clients targets given by the Line Manager in line with Segment’s Growth aspiration to be achieved in compliance with credit quality and Bank’s Policies.
- Contribute actively to achieve Mfg. segments annual budget as a part of team member
Credit Approval and Quality
- Ensure high quality while writing every Credit Memo or Paper submitted to Credit for approval.
- Assess the credit limit requirement prior submission of credit proposal to credit.
- Ensures the quality of the credit portfolio by identifying and assessing all risks inherent in credit exposures.
- Carrying out the due diligence / Monitoring of the portfolio including performance / analysis / Assets Quality review, Expiries and Covenant etc.
- Conducting Periodic Surprise visit to client premises to monitor and understand business activities at factory premises. Such visits to be recorded immediately by way of business call reports which are to include all important information in a timely manner.
Cross Sell of CBD Products
- Work closely with the client service team / relationship officer team to guarantee the highest quality of service to Manufacturing Segment clients
- Work closely with Products and Retail (Executive Banking) Team to cross sale of all CBD products.
- Conduct annual account planning with portfolio client along with products partners to ensure multi-product relationship and greater Share of wallet. Facilitating other lines of business in exploiting business opportunities through referrals to Wealth/Consumer Banking.
Compliance with Banks Policies
- Comply with Banks credit Policies to ensure high credit standards for underwriting and monitoring of Mfg Portfolio.
- Comply with the operating strategy of Mfg. Segment to ensure compliance with internal quality standards.
- Comply with internal audit requirements in line with the policy guidelines, to ensure high standards of uniformity and consistency across the Bank
- Comply with AML & KYC Policies of the banks to ensure due diligence of each client is conducted properly
MIS and Reports
- Ensures that all reports of the Manufacturing Segments are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the Commercial Banking Group’s requirements, policies and standards.
- Prepares and reviews management reports related to the Manufacturing Segments, and update CBD’s leadership team on all related activities in the assigned region in order to support management decision making.
- This job involves identifying, securing and soliciting business opportunities in Manufacturing segment, ensuring compliance with policies as well as external regulations and the Banking legal framework of the country.
- There is a need to study market opportunities, assess their potential and recommend those opportunities that benefit the Bank in terms of Risk & Rewards.
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal-Has close working relationship with Product, Credit and Risk, Compliance, Treasury and Asset Management, including other EXCO members.
- External -Corporate and Commercial Manufacturing Clients, Other Banks, Free Zones and Govt. and Semi-Govt. Organisations
DIMENSIONS OF THE JOB
- Grow the new Manufacturing Segment with defined growth targets/ budget given by the Line Manager
- Contribution targets covering NII, commissions & fees income
- Cross sell and referral targets.
FRAME WORK, BOUNDARIES & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Works within the Policy guidelines and also as per the guidance provided by Team Leader- Manufacturing Segment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent is preferred
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) or a Chartered Accountant (CA) Qualification is preferred.
- Minimum of 10-12 years of experience in Corporate Commercial Banking and preferably local experience.
- Mfg Segment experience is added advantage.
- Ideally incumbent should have had exposure to one or more emerging markets
- Excellent communications skills with good command of English; Arabic language will be an added advantage.
- Credit Analysing and Writing Skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Team working
- Conflict resolution
- Customer focus
- Communicating effectively