As the implementation phase of Buna, formerly known as the Arab Regional Payment System (ARPS), project picks up momentum, we are looking for a Senior IT Operation Administrator to join our founding team.
In this role you will be overseeing and managing the operation of Buna network infrastructure, enterprise applications, server infrastructure, storage systems, vendor/ telco, data centre/cloud infrastructure, and cybersecurity technologies, systems, and applications by reporting to the CTO.
The desired candidate should have a strong background and hands on ServiceNow based IT Operations Management (ITOM) with specific focus in banking /fintech sector.
- Responsible for monitoring and alerting of IT systems to ensure early detection and correction of problems
- Ensure proper management, maintenance, provisioning and monitoring of all production environments;
- Collaborate with the department of Network & Security, Application Administration to manage change initiatives in a structured manner to ensure systems availability, performance and reliability;
- Build and maintain continuous integration, testing, monitoring, deployment using configuration management and other essential DevOps tools
- Automate deployment of applications, system configurations and security settings
- Design, build and improve tools and technologies that make up Continuous Integration (CD) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines
- Service Management
- Responsible for ITIL functions of Service Management, Service Mapping, Change Management, Configuration Management, and Problem Management Incident Management, Service Level Management, Capacity Management, Release Management processes.
- Work with the IT department and business units to develop, enforce , monitor and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with vendors/service provider
- Oversee timely handover of new services from delivery teams to Operations;
- System Reliability and Availability
- Partners with IT/business units to establish appropriate service level objectives for system reliability and availability and implements technology and processes to achieve SLA objectives.
- Backup/Disaster Recovery
- Leads the development and testing of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans and processes.
- Manage system maintenance / backups and ensure the integrity of service recovery;
- Supplier Management
- Manages relationships with and the performance of supplier/outsourcing partner and to ensure KPIs and SLAs are being achieve
- Tracks and communicates the KPIs of owned processes and present operational metrics to CTO on a consistent basis;
- Lead and manage the internal teams to ensure all KPIs, SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Software Assets and Budget
- Manages spending within the area of responsibility to adhere to the budget.
- Prepare & manage the IT Operations budget;
- Verify software assets with license contracts, confirm hardware assets with actual inventory, and initiate corrective actions and tract them
- Managing a detailed inventory of software and hardware assets, and applying the information gathered in making the best decision concerning IT-related asset purchases, storage, handling and redistribution .
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Information
- A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in the IT industry required
- ITIL Certification(s) is a must
- Demonstrated experience in designing/applying operating process expertise in settings such as IT Service Management, IT Operations Management, Network Operations Centres, and Data Centre operations.
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- Experience in ITSM operations and policy development
- Must have excellent communication skills, writing skills, and the ability to work with team members at all levels
- Must be fluent in English
- Substantial knowledge of IT software and hardware management practices and Experience managing Major Incidents whilst co-ordinating multiple teams and vendors
- The candidate should use any of following tools before : Zabbix, NewRelic, AWS CloudWatch, ServiceNow, PagerDuty